Antsports has been updated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Antsports has been updated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Antsports has been updated

Postby aussieboy » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:12 am

Antsports mock drafts now include all the rookies....
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:37 am

Their starting options aren't very customizable though. I was hoping for a 2 QB mock draft. Beggars can't be choosers though and what they provide is nice considering it's free.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FF Newbie » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:31 am

King Ghidra, I'm setting up a 2QB keeper league later on this summer. It's mostly gonna be for friends, but if I have a spot left, you interested? I think starting 2QB, 2RB, and 4WR is the best way to go because it makes each of those positions equally important. I think it's dumb for each team to start only 1QB. All that does it artificially lower the value of players like Culpepper and Manning, IMO, because even teams that wait until the mid/late rounds to draft a QB will end up with a Favre/Brooks/Brady/Garcia/Plummer.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:43 pm

FF Newbie wrote:King Ghidra, I'm setting up a 2QB keeper league later on this summer. It's mostly gonna be for friends, but if I have a spot left, you interested? I think starting 2QB, 2RB, and 4WR is the best way to go because it makes each of those positions equally important. I think it's dumb for each team to start only 1QB. All that does it artificially lower the value of players like Culpepper and Manning, IMO, because even teams that wait until the mid/late rounds to draft a QB will end up with a Favre/Brooks/Brady/Garcia/Plummer.

Perhaps. ;-)

I wanted to try a friendly cafe 2 QB mock draft to get my feet wet and get an idea of what a draft looks like. Thought it'd be interesting. Definitely can't have more than 10 people in a 2 QB league and even that might be cutting it a bit close.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby smackthefirst » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:22 pm

I actually play in a 2QB league every year with ten total teams. We have rosters of 2QB, 2-3RB, 2-3WR, TE, PK, DT. Its pretty fun and the draft is different. If you're not quick enough to grab a third QB during the draft, youll be stuck taking a zero or making a lopsided trade to gain points for bye weeks.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby MCG321 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:57 pm

Thanks for the udpate, aussie.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner