UDFA Website - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

UDFA Website

Moderator: Football Moderators

UDFA Website

Postby slowkidz » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:54 am

For those interested...Here's a team by team list of UDFA's picked up recently.

UDFA List
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:18 pm

Holy crap, did the Colts sign enough players? You can tell some of the teams are hoping for something specific. Dallas and Philly both signed a busload of WRs and the Lions a bunch of dlinemen.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:25 pm

I can't believe the Vikings brought in Matt Kegal. What a waste...

Jonathan Smith was good - he'd make a nice practice squad guy for the Chiefs. Eventually he can replace Priest Holmes. ;-7

Rich Alexis kind of fell apart after his first season in Washington, but he's still cool. ;-D

...Anyway, neato stuff.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:50 pm

Canacuna wrote:I can't believe the Vikings brought in Matt Kegal. What a waste...

Anybody's better than Aaron Elling man, the guy is terrible. I honestly hope we start Kegal, he can't be any worse than Elling or Brien from three years ago.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Canacuna » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:40 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
Canacuna wrote:I can't believe the Vikings brought in Matt Kegal. What a waste...

Anybody's better than Aaron Elling man, the guy is terrible. I honestly hope we start Kegal, he can't be any worse than Elling or Brien from three years ago.

...Except Kegal is a QB...

A very slow and below average QB - even for a potential practice squad spot.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:52 pm

Canacuna wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:

Haha, that's right...I actually knew that...I was just still thinking about the kicker that we got. LOL, I don't think Kegal is that bad though, he can't be any worse than Spergon Wynn. He can be our third stinger.

Dan Korner is the kicker we got I think...man, did I just make myself look like an idiot... :*)
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:18 pm

Lol @ Zimmay ;-)

Nice find slow. I've been looking for something like this and hadn't been able to find one, so thanks.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:48 pm

M_Zimm wrote:
Canacuna wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:

Haha, that's right...I actually knew that...I was just still thinking about the kicker that we got. LOL, I don't think Kegal is that bad though, he can't be any worse than Spergon Wynn. He can be our third stinger.

Dan Korner is the kicker we got I think...man, did I just make myself look like an idiot... :*)

Just like a Viking. ;-)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:46 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:
Canacuna wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:

Just like a Viking. ;-)

Hey now, a little early to heat up the border war; of course you're a canuck C-Cheese, so I guess we're talking a completely different border. And, Zimm, I believe, is in Carolina, and I'm currently behind enemy lines in the Twin Cities, so I guess it's all a state of mind, eh?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby thelongestyard » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:17 pm

Great find Slow!!! Was curious to see where some of the players that weren't drafted might wind up. Probably not of great FF importance, but the storyline earns a few chuckles.....

The "Hefty Lefty" possibly backing up the "other" Manning, should the "Bachelor" get cancelled in the Big Apple. :-? :-b

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Kerry Collins isn't the only New York Giants quarterback seemingly heading out the door.

"The Bachelor" may not be far behind.

Jesse Palmer's future with the Giants is also uncertain with the signing of J. Load.

That's Jared Lorenzen, the 280-pounder from Kentucky who looks more like an offensive lineman than a quarterback.

Leigh Steinberg, who represents Lorenzen, confirmed the signing Tuesday. Lorenzen was not drafted this past weekend.

Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon said the team had no comment.

Steinberg said Lorenzen signed a standard one-year free agent contract with a modest bonus. Steinberg wouldn't elaborate on the bonus.

Buffalo and Cincinnati were also interested, the agent said, but Lorenzen chose the Giants because he felt there was a better opportunity there.

"If people can get over the prejudice of a number on a scale, he has the arm and the talent to be a very good quarterback," Steinberg said.

Lorenzen threw for 10,354 yards and 78 touchdowns despite playing in three different offenses. He also threw 41 interceptions, but only 20 in his final three seasons.

Collins, who has been the Giants' quarterback since 1999, all but guaranteed he would be released soon after refusing to renegotiate his contract. The Giants wanted concessions after making a draft-day trade to acquire Eli Manning, the No. 1 overall pick, from the San Diego Chargers.

Collins was due $7 million this season and he would have counted $8.95 million against the salary cap.

The Giants also have had a couple of veteran quarterbacks in for workouts.

Palmer, now starring in the reality television series "The Bachelor," wasn't impressive in leading the team after Collins went down with an ankle injury late last season.

Palmer completed 60 of 116 passes for 532 yards, three touchdowns and four interceptions. The Giants lost their last eight games.

Jason Garrett, who was the Giants No. 3 quarterback last season, signed with Tampa Bay as a free agent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1791117
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk