Unless I have a chance at drafting Tony Gonzalez or Shannon Sharpe, I usually wait until the closing rounds to pick up a TE. Kellen Winslow II could be a top five, but will probably be drafted earlier than I would like him to be. Anyway, here's the order I would draft TEs in...
1. Tony Gonzalez - he's a stud, best TE by far.
2. Shannon Sharpe - he's a stud.
3. Jeremy Shockey - he's studlier than most.
4. Todd Heap - he's studlier than most.
5. Kellen Winslow II - has no shortage of potential.
6. Boo Williams - he was awesome towards the end of last season.
7. Freddie Jones - he's good.
8. Itula Mili - Hasselbeck looks his way often enough.
9. Randy McMichael - eh, he's decent.
10. Antonio Gates - looked good last year.
11. Marcus Pollard - he'll get some touches.
12. Dallas Clark - ...and so will he.
13. Alge Crumpler - Healthy Vick =
, Injured Vick =
...I can't believe I made a list of TEs - I'd better stop before I start ranking the kickers...
Anyway, as I said before, unless I can land Tony Gonzalez (probably third or fourth round) or Shannon Sharpe (probably fifth or sixth round), I probably won't take a TE until one of the final rounds - unless one happens to slip/all of the backups suck worse than the available TEs.