Eli, Rivers and B-Roe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eli, Rivers and B-Roe

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby smackthefirst » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:43 pm

Well I voted on the poll and figured Id come here with my 2 cents on this one. I think you cant just rank the qb's 1,2,3 without looking at the teams as well. Each one has their own plusses and minuses, obviously, but it all came down to which team was more concerned with what.

I think Manning, regardless of what people say, had a very good run in college. His numbers were comparable to Peyton's, and Peyton had mush better weapons around him. Eli throws harder, and more accurately than Peyton did coming out. And of course the heritage plays into it, which it should. Its just not the deciding factor. QB is the hardest postion pressure wise in sports IMO and if you have a track record of a family (Mannings) being able to handle this pressure, than that bodes well.

Ben has a very good arm and a heart second to only Favre some are saying. His biggest knock was his competition in college (MAC), but many teams looked past this.

Rivers has the track record of being productive and consistent. His biggest knock is that he doesnt have the strongest arm and that his delivery has a hitch, causing him to release low. However, of the three, he is supposed to be the furthest advanced in terms of reading Ds and so on.

One other stat I heard which I found interesting (if true) was that out of the 32 teams, 14 had Eli 1st, 10 had Ben 1st, and 8 had Rivers.

I personally go Ben, Manning, Rivers.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk