I guess it was only a matter of time - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I guess it was only a matter of time

Moderator: Football Moderators

I guess it was only a matter of time

Postby aussieboy » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:07 am

KW2 has already kicked up a fuss regarding his contract. Im gonna keep this short since if i keep typing my temper will get the better of me.

Winslow: "The way I see it," said the Miami product and son of Hall of Famer Kellen Winslow Sr., "you need to give me No. 6 pick money. Look at last year's No. 6 pick, and I'm in camp."

Winslow=punk.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1791087
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:30 am

"Kellen could easily be the LeBron James of the Browns,"

That got me thinking. I bet LeBron could make one hell of a TE. LeBron is 6-8 240 and we all know how athletic he is and man can the boy jump. That would be something to see. LeBron in a Browns jersey....

P.S. I hate agents.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mannubhai » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:47 am

This makes me think ..who is a bigger pain in the a$$ over the long run...Eli or KW2.

Looks like star suns behave most unprofessionally.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:59 am

mannubhai wrote:This makes me think ..who is a bigger pain in the a$$ over the long run...Eli or KW2.

I'm guessing KW2. Eli is just looking for $$$, which he will get and then shut up. KW2 is a full-fledged a$$hole. Once his contract is set he'll find another topic to tick people off with.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:02 am

If the Browns start playing considerably better football, he'll probably say he was the sole cause for the change. I can hear it now...Here's my prediction for a KW2 quote of the future:

Kellen Winslow in about 7 months wrote:I think it's obvious why this team is contending for the division title...The Browns haven't had a TE of my caliber here since Ozzie Newsome, and I'm better than he ever was.

He's not a douchebag, he's an enema bag. %-6
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: I guess it was only a matter of time

Postby slowkidz » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:47 am

aussieboy wrote:KW2 has already kicked up a fuss regarding his contract. Im gonna keep this short since if i keep typing my temper will get the better of me.

Winslow: "The way I see it," said the Miami product and son of Hall of Famer Kellen Winslow Sr., "you need to give me No. 6 pick money. Look at last year's No. 6 pick, and I'm in camp."

Winslow=punk.

I don't see this quote as being so out of line. The standard pay for Draft Picks is usually the Salary of the last years pick plus 10%. So for KW2 to say, "You need to give me #6 $$", that just tells me that he doesn't want to hold out and gives Cleveland the amount he's looking for right off the bat. It's his agents that are telling people that KW2 is "The Next Big Thing" and "He deserves to be paid like The Next Big Thing." If there's any trouble signing KW2 it will be because of the Postons. IMO, KW2 just needs to step up and be a man and remind his agents that they work FOR him and to do as he says.

Besides...There's plenty of time until Camps start. I won't concern myself with this until the day before camp anyways... :-/
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Re: I guess it was only a matter of time

Postby aussieboy » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:28 am

Slowkidz wrote:
aussieboy wrote:KW2 has already kicked up a fuss regarding his contract. Im gonna keep this short since if i keep typing my temper will get the better of me.

Winslow=punk.

I don't see this quote as being so out of line. The standard pay for Draft Picks is usually the Salary of the last years pick plus 10%. So for KW2 to say, "You need to give me #6 $$", that just tells me that he doesn't want to hold out and gives Cleveland the amount he's looking for right off the bat. It's his agents that are telling people that KW2 is "The Next Big Thing" and "He deserves to be paid like The Next Big Thing." If there's any trouble signing KW2 it will be because of the Postons. IMO, KW2 just needs to step up and be a man and remind his agents that they work FOR him and to do as he says.

Besides...There's plenty of time until Camps start. I won't concern myself with this until the day before camp anyways... :-/

i agree with you, KW2 isn't being unreasonable and im sure he will get at least that extra 10%. But do you really need to come out and talk about this sort of stuff in public already? Sure its the Poston's that are drumming all this up, but somehow i get a feeling that KW2 isn't exactly trying to stop them, he knew what the Poston's were like and he decided to go for them.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:17 am

He probably went with the Poston's as his agent to cash in on his potential as quickly as possible. Their track record in getting even some of the leagues star players over-paid is unmatched as far as I know.

However, seeing how the Browsn may not be going anywhere soon, when/if Winslow becomes a veteran free agent and wants to get a superbowl ring more than he wants to get paid ridiculously, he'd probably be better served finding a new agent.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby smackthefirst » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:32 am

A little more input on this one. KWII has constantly said if hes paid like a number 6 he will be happy, but its the Poston's who have made remarks like "Kellen can be to the Browns what Lebron is to the Cavs."

Even more fuel for the fire. It has been rumored around the DC area that Gibbs had agreed to draft Winslow number 5, only if the Postons were not his agent. Of course, he signs with the Postons. So Washington passed on him due to the Arrington situation (who is also with the Postons).

I think the kid has the tools to be one of the greats, but with this short track record, it doesnt look like he worth the headache.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:07 am

The Poston brothers have a very visible history of holding out their players. Thats what they do. As soon as KW2 signed them up it was known he would be a headache to sign. Its the Poston's way. Everyone knows it. KW2 knew it.

All this does is reignite the flames around a polarizing player. Im damn glad the Lions passed on him thats for sure. Washington fans are happy too.
Last edited by Cornbread Maxwell on Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk