Old School Nintendo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Old School Nintendo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:44 am

I recently got out my old nintendo and a bunch of my old games for it. Little did I know playing modern games has completely ruined the classics. All those games I used to love to play back in the day just suck now ;).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:04 am

Free Bagel wrote:I recently got out my old nintendo and a bunch of my old games for it. Little did I know playing modern games has completely ruined the classics. All those games I used to love to play back in the day just suck now ;).

I have to plug in the Atari and the Nintendo at least once a year and tool over the old games. I started with Atari when I was 3 and hit hard-core Nintendo at about 6. I still remember when I was 5 - I was at the old Hills store and played Mario Bros. (the one on Mario Bros/Duck Hunt) for the first time at the display. When I managed to get through the first two stages without dying, I knew I was going to get hooked on it! ;-D

Glad you found Kaboom, Duke!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:30 am

man....nintendo was great!!! ;-D

Tecmo Super Bowl had me tied up for years. NYG and KC I took to the promise land many a times

Battletoads - just too much fun!! smackin birds and what not, getting flies for food...and kicking enemies to boot!!

Super Mario Bros - loved all of these games!! hooked instantly!!

Dragon Warrior was one of the best RPGs for that thing...Soon followed by Final Fantasy.

Man I could go on for days with this stuff!!! ;-D

(P.S. Dukey...my wife found a game you plug into your TV. It's an old intellivision controller that has 25 old intellivision games on it!! it's great!! i also found one for Atari using the old joystick and colecovision!! names i thought i'd never hear again!!!)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:35 am

Ah, I stand corrected. Tecmo bowl was the one game that was still fun to play even today.

Double Dragon (was like my fav game of all time)--sucked

RC pro-am--sucked

Contra--sucked

But me and one of my friends broke out Tecmo bowl about a year ago and it was a blast. Though maybe it's because he's a bills fan and I'm a dolphin fan that it was so much fun.

Was great to bust out Marino/Duper/Clayton vs. Kelly/Reed/Lofton/Thurman again rather than the Fiedler/Bledsoe showdown in current games...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Canacuna » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:44 am

Castlevania Series
Contra
Dragon Warrior Series
Duck Hunt
Mario Bros. Series
MegaMan Series
Mike Tyson's PunchOut
Ninja Gaiden Series
Tecmo Super Bowl
Tetris
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II

...Those are the games I have for my NES (not a lot, but I was young when it was around). They hold up decently for the most part, although I enjoy looking back on my SNES collection better.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:02 pm

Ahhh maaaaaaaaaaaaan, takin me back to when I was 5 and 6 here...

Castlevania RULED
Battletoads/Double Dragon....ahhh the classics
TMNT 1-3....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man I LOVED those games...pizza, ninjas throwin manhole covers, shredder...ahhh
Double Dribble...you could actually simulate a 360 by pushing left and right real quick when your player left his feet :-b
Batman and Batman Returns...Returns was the first video game I actually "beat"
LEGEND OF ZELDA...how could you guys forget this one?
RBI baseball....back when I sorta liked baseball
Tecmo basketball....ahhh I still remember the music!
MEGA MAN SERIES...classic

so many memories...feel so...nostalgic :,-(
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:07 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Ah, I stand corrected. Tecmo bowl was the one game that was still fun to play even today.

Double Dragon (was like my fav game of all time)--sucked

RC pro-am--sucked

Contra--sucked

But me and one of my friends broke out Tecmo bowl about a year ago and it was a blast. Though maybe it's because he's a bills fan and I'm a dolphin fan that it was so much fun.

Was great to bust out Marino/Duper/Clayton vs. Kelly/Reed/Lofton/Thurman again rather than the Fiedler/Bledsoe showdown in current games...

I agree Double Dragon sucked, but I liked Contra. I have both Contra and Super C, and I enjoy busting them out and promptly beating them. You have to love killing aliens! The only thing that sucked about them was the final battles in both. They were a little too easy, especially Super C. All you had to do was jump on the thing, stand in place, jump once to avoid a caterpillar, and keep firing until they were dead.

Tecmo was brought out at my college also, full season of course. Ottis Anderson was a favorite player to some. The best part was seeing which players would got hurt (the ominous music) - oooh's and oh no's followed! The comebacks were equally awesome to watch.

Actually, I was flipping past NFL network today and saw Christian Okoye bashing through the Houston Oilers. I know it was his trademark but man, that guy had some huge shoulder pads!!! 8-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:05 pm

Deft has brought some memories back of Double Dribble ;-D I used to love that game. We used to imitate the voice saying "Double Dribble" when the game comes on. Loved how you could jump and make your player change directions while in mid air. Contra was cool; still remeber the code to get a plethora of lives. I have no idea why I still remember that.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby awwchrist » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:29 am

New York, Chicago, LA, and Boston were the teams right? Just 4?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:58 am

DUKE wrote:Deft has brought some memories back of Double Dribble ;-D I used to love that game. We used to imitate the voice saying "Double Dribble" when the game comes on. Loved how you could jump and make your player change directions while in mid air. Contra was cool; still remeber the code to get a plethora of lives. I have no idea why I still remember that.

hmmmm..... :-?
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Select, Start.

lol ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games