How about a ranking(s) of the top 20 draft picks? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How about a ranking(s) of the top 20 draft picks?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How about a ranking(s) of the top 20 draft picks?

Postby z raptor » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:02 pm

Offense only. Then name a sleeper or sleepers (if any). Thanks!
z raptor

z raptor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:55 pm

Hmm, top 20 you say?

1. Kevin Jones - Good chance of being starter with good WRs to keep defenses honest
2. Julius Jones - Parcells running back of choice = lots of carries
3. Larry Fitzgerald - Boldin will keep away double teams, and Green will call plays his way.
4. Tatum Bell - Denver rookie running back. nuff said.
5. Kellen Winslow - Garcia's line may only give him time to throw as far as the TE.
6. Roy Williams - Young, potentially deadly offense. Could take #1 spot.
7. Rashaun Woods - Easily #2, if not #1 WR.
8. Reggie Williams - Will be #2 until Jimmy Smith retires, then likely #1 WR.
9. Devard Darling - Even with Kevin Johnson there, he could be the #1 WR this year.
10. Michael Jenkins - Easily #2, could compete with Price for #1 spot.
11. Lee Evans - #2 WR definitely, with solid #1 WR veteran distracting defenses.
12. Keary Colbert - could be #2 WR this year.
13. Micheal Clayton - Could be #1 WR, or could get buried in depth chart by veterans.
14. Stephen Jackson - Most talented RB. Will have featured role if Faulk goes down, if not, 2 years from now when he's gone.
15. Greg Jones - Could see some goalline touches, and Fragile Freddy might give cause for Jones to take feature role.
16. Ben Roethlisberger - Might not start this year, but has more weapons than any other rookie QB, and same skill.
17. Eli Manning - Will start, but the entire team is rather suspect after last year. Could be surprisingly good, or worse off than Rivers.
18. J.P. Losman - Won't matter this year, but Bledsoe can train rookies, and the weapons are there for him to succeed.
19. Philip Rivers - Rivers is good, but o-line is horrid. Chargers should save time & money by lining up LT and 2 fullbacks in the backfield, and hike the ball to LT every down.
20. Chris Perry - Possible RBBC, with Rudi's contract up soon, look for feature role to come.

Sleepers:

Devery Henderson - Stallworth's constant hamstring problems make him Brooks possible #2 target.
Ben Troupe - replacing Wycheck, could break out as a top 5 TE, just not likely.
Ben Watson - Brady loves them TEs in the endzone, and if you don't have one of the top 5, its roullette anyway.
Bernard Berrian - Who is there really to compete with in Chicago. He could come out of left field and start.
Samie Parker - KC needs to mix it up at WR and find something better.
P.K. Sam - Buried in the depth charts now, but Parcells utilizes a lot of people. Could have a couple nice games.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:26 pm

maddog60 wrote:Hmm, top 20 you say?

1. Kevin Jones - Good chance of being starter with good WRs to keep defenses honest
2. Julius Jones - Parcells running back of choice = lots of carries
3. Larry Fitzgerald - Boldin will keep away double teams, and Green will call plays his way.
4. Tatum Bell - Denver rookie running back. nuff said.
5. Kellen Winslow - Garcia's line may only give him time to throw as far as the TE.
6. Roy Williams - Young, potentially deadly offense. Could take #1 spot.
7. Rashaun Woods - Easily #2, if not #1 WR.
8. Reggie Williams - Will be #2 until Jimmy Smith retires, then likely #1 WR.
9. Devard Darling - Even with Kevin Johnson there, he could be the #1 WR this year.
10. Michael Jenkins - Easily #2, could compete with Price for #1 spot.
11. Lee Evans - #2 WR definitely, with solid #1 WR veteran distracting defenses.
12. Keary Colbert - could be #2 WR this year.
13. Micheal Clayton - Could be #1 WR, or could get buried in depth chart by veterans.
14. Stephen Jackson - Most talented RB. Will have featured role if Faulk goes down, if not, 2 years from now when he's gone.
15. Greg Jones - Could see some goalline touches, and Fragile Freddy might give cause for Jones to take feature role.
16. Ben Roethlisberger - Might not start this year, but has more weapons than any other rookie QB, and same skill.
17. Eli Manning - Will start, but the entire team is rather suspect after last year. Could be surprisingly good, or worse off than Rivers.
18. J.P. Losman - Won't matter this year, but Bledsoe can train rookies, and the weapons are there for him to succeed.
19. Philip Rivers - Rivers is good, but o-line is horrid. Chargers should save time & money by lining up LT and 2 fullbacks in the backfield, and hike the ball to LT every down.
20. Chris Perry - Possible RBBC, with Rudi's contract up soon, look for feature role to come.

Sleepers:

Devery Henderson - Stallworth's constant hamstring problems make him Brooks possible #2 target.
Ben Troupe - replacing Wycheck, could break out as a top 5 TE, just not likely.
Ben Watson - Brady loves them TEs in the endzone, and if you don't have one of the top 5, its roullette anyway.
Bernard Berrian - Who is there really to compete with in Chicago. He could come out of left field and start.
Samie Parker - KC needs to mix it up at WR and find something better.
P.K. Sam - Buried in the depth charts now, but Parcells utilizes a lot of people. Could have a couple nice games.

That pretty much sums everythign up ;-D
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:51 pm

agreed, however the one thing i would refute is the fact that greg jones could take the featured role (maybe for a short period of time if freddy is injured, but other than that, there is no way fred loses his spot). thanks for the post though...quite thorough

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:34 am

I like the rankings maddog ;-D

The only thing that i think i differ on compared to the masses is that i have Julius Jones as the #1. I think K. Jones is the better RB, but DET has Pinner, who apparently has been looking very good this offseason, and we all know about the coach's love for a RBBC.

Julius only has to beat out Hamburger to get the starting job, and that shouldn't be too difficult.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:51 am

Sleepers:

Parcells? Correct me if I missed something, but I thought P.K. went to the Patriots....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:52 am

Plindsey88 wrote:

Sleepers:

Parcells? Correct me if I missed something, but I thought P.K. went to the Patriots....

Belichek, my bad. They're both Bills.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:01 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Sleepers:

Belichek, my bad. They're both Bills.

Whew! You had me thinking my boy P.K. got traded to the dreaded Cowboys... :-°

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

hey "z"

Postby hobo » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:20 pm

Here are my takes and a couple of sleepers...
1. Kevin Jones- Pure talent - will put to sleep talk of Pinner.
2. Julius Jones- Parcells starts this guy over Hambone
3. Kellen Winslow-immediate impact player if he doesn't hold out
4. Larry Fitzgerald- the new 3-amigos in the desert...
5. Tatum Bell- a rb in Denver... enough said!
6. Roy Williams- the fastest of the top 3 rookie WR's on turf in Det.
7. Steven Jackson- Marcia Marcia Marcia done in one!
8. Eli Manning- blood line AND talent...
9. Reggie Williams- the "candybar" makes a come back!
10.Lee Evans- Buffalo forgets the "Price"..

only top 10 now...

2 great sleepers and you heard it here first....

1. Troy Fleming - who you say.... boys, you better do your homework.
2. Devery Henderson - =talent to Donte but better hamstrings!!!!

"z" let me know what you think.....
hobo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 38)

Postby smackthefirst » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:09 pm

Troy Fleming. Nice. Could he be the next Emmit? LOL.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk