How about a ranking(s) of the top 20 draft picks? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

How about a ranking(s) of the top 20 draft picks?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How about a ranking(s) of the top 20 draft picks?

Postby z raptor » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:02 pm

Offense only. Then name a sleeper or sleepers (if any). Thanks!
z raptor

Image
z raptor
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1348
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:55 pm

Hmm, top 20 you say?

1. Kevin Jones - Good chance of being starter with good WRs to keep defenses honest
2. Julius Jones - Parcells running back of choice = lots of carries
3. Larry Fitzgerald - Boldin will keep away double teams, and Green will call plays his way.
4. Tatum Bell - Denver rookie running back. nuff said.
5. Kellen Winslow - Garcia's line may only give him time to throw as far as the TE.
6. Roy Williams - Young, potentially deadly offense. Could take #1 spot.
7. Rashaun Woods - Easily #2, if not #1 WR.
8. Reggie Williams - Will be #2 until Jimmy Smith retires, then likely #1 WR.
9. Devard Darling - Even with Kevin Johnson there, he could be the #1 WR this year.
10. Michael Jenkins - Easily #2, could compete with Price for #1 spot.
11. Lee Evans - #2 WR definitely, with solid #1 WR veteran distracting defenses.
12. Keary Colbert - could be #2 WR this year.
13. Micheal Clayton - Could be #1 WR, or could get buried in depth chart by veterans.
14. Stephen Jackson - Most talented RB. Will have featured role if Faulk goes down, if not, 2 years from now when he's gone.
15. Greg Jones - Could see some goalline touches, and Fragile Freddy might give cause for Jones to take feature role.
16. Ben Roethlisberger - Might not start this year, but has more weapons than any other rookie QB, and same skill.
17. Eli Manning - Will start, but the entire team is rather suspect after last year. Could be surprisingly good, or worse off than Rivers.
18. J.P. Losman - Won't matter this year, but Bledsoe can train rookies, and the weapons are there for him to succeed.
19. Philip Rivers - Rivers is good, but o-line is horrid. Chargers should save time & money by lining up LT and 2 fullbacks in the backfield, and hike the ball to LT every down.
20. Chris Perry - Possible RBBC, with Rudi's contract up soon, look for feature role to come.

Sleepers:

Devery Henderson - Stallworth's constant hamstring problems make him Brooks possible #2 target.
Ben Troupe - replacing Wycheck, could break out as a top 5 TE, just not likely.
Ben Watson - Brady loves them TEs in the endzone, and if you don't have one of the top 5, its roullette anyway.
Bernard Berrian - Who is there really to compete with in Chicago. He could come out of left field and start.
Samie Parker - KC needs to mix it up at WR and find something better.
P.K. Sam - Buried in the depth charts now, but Parcells utilizes a lot of people. Could have a couple nice games.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:26 pm

maddog60 wrote:Hmm, top 20 you say?

1. Kevin Jones - Good chance of being starter with good WRs to keep defenses honest
2. Julius Jones - Parcells running back of choice = lots of carries
3. Larry Fitzgerald - Boldin will keep away double teams, and Green will call plays his way.
4. Tatum Bell - Denver rookie running back. nuff said.
5. Kellen Winslow - Garcia's line may only give him time to throw as far as the TE.
6. Roy Williams - Young, potentially deadly offense. Could take #1 spot.
7. Rashaun Woods - Easily #2, if not #1 WR.
8. Reggie Williams - Will be #2 until Jimmy Smith retires, then likely #1 WR.
9. Devard Darling - Even with Kevin Johnson there, he could be the #1 WR this year.
10. Michael Jenkins - Easily #2, could compete with Price for #1 spot.
11. Lee Evans - #2 WR definitely, with solid #1 WR veteran distracting defenses.
12. Keary Colbert - could be #2 WR this year.
13. Micheal Clayton - Could be #1 WR, or could get buried in depth chart by veterans.
14. Stephen Jackson - Most talented RB. Will have featured role if Faulk goes down, if not, 2 years from now when he's gone.
15. Greg Jones - Could see some goalline touches, and Fragile Freddy might give cause for Jones to take feature role.
16. Ben Roethlisberger - Might not start this year, but has more weapons than any other rookie QB, and same skill.
17. Eli Manning - Will start, but the entire team is rather suspect after last year. Could be surprisingly good, or worse off than Rivers.
18. J.P. Losman - Won't matter this year, but Bledsoe can train rookies, and the weapons are there for him to succeed.
19. Philip Rivers - Rivers is good, but o-line is horrid. Chargers should save time & money by lining up LT and 2 fullbacks in the backfield, and hike the ball to LT every down.
20. Chris Perry - Possible RBBC, with Rudi's contract up soon, look for feature role to come.

Sleepers:

Devery Henderson - Stallworth's constant hamstring problems make him Brooks possible #2 target.
Ben Troupe - replacing Wycheck, could break out as a top 5 TE, just not likely.
Ben Watson - Brady loves them TEs in the endzone, and if you don't have one of the top 5, its roullette anyway.
Bernard Berrian - Who is there really to compete with in Chicago. He could come out of left field and start.
Samie Parker - KC needs to mix it up at WR and find something better.
P.K. Sam - Buried in the depth charts now, but Parcells utilizes a lot of people. Could have a couple nice games.



That pretty much sums everythign up ;-D
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Image
Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 429
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Cali!!

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:51 pm

agreed, however the one thing i would refute is the fact that greg jones could take the featured role (maybe for a short period of time if freddy is injured, but other than that, there is no way fred loses his spot). thanks for the post though...quite thorough
Image

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 544
Joined: 4 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who gives a shi...

Postby Flux » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:34 am

I like the rankings maddog ;-D

The only thing that i think i differ on compared to the masses is that i have Julius Jones as the #1. I think K. Jones is the better RB, but DET has Pinner, who apparently has been looking very good this offseason, and we all know about the coach's love for a RBBC.

Julius only has to beat out Hamburger to get the starting job, and that shouldn't be too difficult.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6113
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:51 am

maddog60 wrote:Hmm, top 20 you say?

Sleepers:

P.K. Sam - Buried in the depth charts now, but Parcells utilizes a lot of people. Could have a couple nice games.



Parcells? Correct me if I missed something, but I thought P.K. went to the Patriots....
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby maddog60 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:52 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Hmm, top 20 you say?

Sleepers:

P.K. Sam - Buried in the depth charts now, but Parcells utilizes a lot of people. Could have a couple nice games.



Parcells? Correct me if I missed something, but I thought P.K. went to the Patriots....


Belichek, my bad. They're both Bills.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:01 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Hmm, top 20 you say?

Sleepers:

P.K. Sam - Buried in the depth charts now, but Parcells utilizes a lot of people. Could have a couple nice games.



Parcells? Correct me if I missed something, but I thought P.K. went to the Patriots....


Belichek, my bad. They're both Bills.


Whew! You had me thinking my boy P.K. got traded to the dreaded Cowboys... :-°
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

hey "z"

Postby hobo » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:20 pm

Here are my takes and a couple of sleepers...
1. Kevin Jones- Pure talent - will put to sleep talk of Pinner.
2. Julius Jones- Parcells starts this guy over Hambone
3. Kellen Winslow-immediate impact player if he doesn't hold out
4. Larry Fitzgerald- the new 3-amigos in the desert...
5. Tatum Bell- a rb in Denver... enough said!
6. Roy Williams- the fastest of the top 3 rookie WR's on turf in Det.
7. Steven Jackson- Marcia Marcia Marcia done in one!
8. Eli Manning- blood line AND talent...
9. Reggie Williams- the "candybar" makes a come back!
10.Lee Evans- Buffalo forgets the "Price"..

only top 10 now...

2 great sleepers and you heard it here first....

1. Troy Fleming - who you say.... boys, you better do your homework.
2. Devery Henderson - =talent to Donte but better hamstrings!!!!

"z" let me know what you think.....
hobo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 350
(Past Year: 38)
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby smackthefirst » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:09 pm

Troy Fleming. Nice. Could he be the next Emmit? LOL.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2646
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: MD

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:15 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact