How about a ranking(s) of the top 20 draft picks? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How about a ranking(s) of the top 20 draft picks?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:12 pm

I think Kevin Jones and Julius Jones are very close. Kevin is a better RB, but Julius is in a better situation and will probably get more carries.

With the addition of Roy Williams, Detroit has better WR's than Dallas. Also, Detroit's defense is weaker and that might cause them to have to pass a lot in order to come back from a deficit.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:43 pm

Rb
1)Kevin Jones
2)J Jones
3)Tatum Bell
12)S Jackson

WR
4)Roy Williams
5)Reggie Williams
6)Larry Fitz
7)R Woods
8)M Clayton
9)Lee Evans
13)Michael Jenkins
14)Devard Darling

TE
10)Kellen Winslow
11)Ben Troupe

Sleepers
OL Vernon Carey- ya thats right he improves the fins oline which could be good news for Aj Feeley and the rest of the fin offense.

WR Darius Watts- Who do you think was catching all those passes from leftwhich, and with the uncertainty at WR for denver he could emerge

WR Derrick hamilton- he has good return skills and is a big reciver that could get a lot of tds for the 49ers

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hobo » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:17 pm

smackthefirst wrote:Troy Fleming. Nice. Could he be the next Emmit? LOL.

not so quick "smackthefirst"... Let's look at his siutation. E.George is on his last wheel. C.Brown has yet to really show his stuff. Granted C.Brown hasn't been giving alot of opportunity as of yet. The only RB the Titans drafted is Troy Fleming. Troy Fleming was a converted HB to FB the last year or so. Fleming's size, 6'0-6'1" about 222 lbs is more of a hb body than it is of a FB body. He is definitely my super super super sleeper. Anyone can say, Greg Jones will be huge in Jax if Fred Taylor goes down. Let's revisit this in a year or so. This is only my take.. Remember not to many people thought Dominick Davis would do what he did last year when drafted. Everyone thought L.Toefield would be the better back(both out of Louisiana State). But it is all about where a player goes, depth and opportunity. I personally feel T.Fleming will excell if given the opportunity. But you are right, I don't think T.F. will be the next E.Smith, but anything just short of that will be good in my book. Would I use a top 20 pick on him, no.. But why not in the 4th round of a rookie dynasty league. He has no real value in a redraft league this year. Just food for thought...
hobo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 38)

Postby smackthefirst » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:39 pm

Sorry if my post was taken the wrong way. I do think Fleming is in a great spot to showcase his abilities. I would also take a late round flyer on him. My Emmit reference was due to their high school numbers. I in no way shape or form feel Fleming will be the next Emmit. I do however think he has an outside chance to become a reputable starter in the NFL.

2nd leading high school rusher ever? Yeah ill gamble on someone like that.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby CC » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:25 pm

Devery Henderson equal talent to Donte Stallworth? *Rubs his eyes in disbelief*
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:28 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Devery Henderson equal talent to Donte Stallworth? *Rubs his eyes in disbelief*

What a knock on Henderson, y0. That Stallworth character is pure horribliciousness.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CC » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:38 pm

I like Stallworth, he has 4.2 speed and good size. If he works on his hands this offseason he will be good next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:26 am

I like Stallworth too, but he's not going to be a good fantasy option or #2 WR until he gets his hammies to stop acting up 12 or so weeks a year. I really thought he'd have a breakout year this past one :-t
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:57 am

Stallworth certainly has been a dissapointment :-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:07 am

I don't know how many more times I can hear Stallworth and/or Lelie's name in the same breath with "breakout year".
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk