Collins Officially Cut - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Collins Officially Cut

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby overtime98 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:39 pm

Collins probaly will be reunited with Fassel and go to Baltimore. Fassel is the QB coach and special assignments and he likes Collins. So I see him telling the Baltimore management to sign him. Baltimore has NO QB!!

Sad too see Collins go, but this is Coughlins team now. I hope he knows what hes doing....
overtime98
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WatchMeDisappear » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:36 pm

terpfan wrote:personally i think i would have kept eli on the bench for a year, or at least give him the chance to be the #2 if things dont go well.

i wouldnt expect very much from him in year one...

Well the Giants tried to do that, but Collins wouldnt take a pay cut so they released him...........
WatchMeDisappear
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TTTBone » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:49 pm

I believe San Fran and Baltimore have both stated that they have no interest in signing Collins. Sadly, I just don't see where he fits in. Arizona?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:14 pm

this is just another thing that the giants had to give up for eli...was it really worth it??? i say HELL NO!!!!
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:17 am

TTTBone wrote:I believe San Fran and Baltimore have both stated that they have no interest in signing Collins. Sadly, I just don't see where he fits in. Arizona?

Detroit also said they had no interest either. These teams just dont want to create a QB controversy, which can really mess with young QBs heads.

My guess would be OAK, to back up Gannon for a year and then take over, but DAL and ARI are really the only 2 other spots I can see him going.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:25 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I don't really want Kerry in San Fran. Given that he does have a good arm, but he is a career fumbler and without protection (which he might not have in SF) he is a sack/INT waiting to happen. He's in the Bledsoe/Couch mold in my book.

I'd rather the Niners stay young this year, but he might end up a better option than Rattay if he falters.

thats my thoughts exactly. we were trying to rebuild are O-line no? if he doesn't get the pass protection he needs, it will just be a disaster. i like kerry, somewhat, but he has to have the o-line that we might not have. and as stated before, erickson was pretty set on not picking up a qb because he has faither in rattay. we will see. we had 3 really good if not great qbs over the years, back to back, so maybe we can be like denver pulling a rb out and pluggin him in to do good, but with a QB.

Too me it seems right now that the QB market is over saturated. Every team seems to have what they want. Arizona seems like an immediate choice but they already said they are happy with McCown. Ravens maybe but didnt they just draft Boller last year? Oakland already has an older QB. So they already have a veteran if they decide to go with Tui. The only thing available I think for Collins and Warner right now are backup positions. They have to buy time until an injury and see what happens.

With that in mind, if Collins // Warner could accept backup positions, which also would mean lower contracts, then Arizona Baltimore would seem like good places to go.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:12 pm

Hmmm...so when Eli is out for 6-8 weeks with a broken vertabrae due to his poor offensive line, they don't have a reliable veteran backup....

Smart Move ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MCG321 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:59 pm

deftdelivery wrote:Hmmm...so when Eli is out for 6-8 weeks with a broken vertabrae due to his poor offensive line, they don't have a reliable veteran backup....

Rumor has it that they are thinking of bringing in Neil O'Donnell.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:06 pm

MCG321 wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:Hmmm...so when Eli is out for 6-8 weeks with a broken vertabrae due to his poor offensive line, they don't have a reliable veteran backup....

...or Jeff Blake, or Vinny Testaverde...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby MCG321 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:13 pm

Canacuna wrote:
MCG321 wrote:

...or Jeff Blake, or Vinny Testaverde...

I'm expecting Vinny to reuinte with Parcells in Dallas, but as long as the Giants bring in any veteran, it'll be a smart move.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk