Bout Time We... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bout Time We...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bout Time We...

Postby r_singh_02 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:17 pm

Post our predictions for the 05 season: I just can't wait!!!

AFC East
Miami (10-6) I think dis is da year they will put all the talent together.
New England (10-6) I believe the loss of Ted Washington, and possible loss of Ty Law wil hamper the defense too much.
New York Jets (8-8) They will be contenders dis year, but not good enough on D yet.
Buffalo Bills (7-9) They are not looking to win immediatley wit da poor drafts they have had the past 2 years.

AFC North
Cinncinati (9-7) dis is da best team in da division.
Pittsburgh (8-8) Duce is not the answer to their RB problems. But Big Ben will show every1 why hes da best was da best rookie QB.
Baltimore (8-8) Their D will keep them close, but if u cant score u cant win.
Cleveland (6-10) They will either lose a lot of close games, as I predict, or win a lot of close games as they did 2 years ago.

AFC South
Tennessee (11-5) McNair is just too good.
Indianapolis (10-6) Not enough help for Manning on D in a tough division wit McNair.
Jacksonville (7-9) Will improve but their inconsistent offene will lose many games.
Houston (4-12) They will not be as good as many people see them being.

AFC West
Denver (10-6) Clinton...WHO?
Kansas City (8-8) Why even bother playin D.
Oakland (6-10) Is Gannon the same as old? Whos running the ball for them?
San Diego (5-11) L.T. cannot do it all by himself.

NFC East
Philadelphia (12-4) Their D will play well enough to help their soon-to-be explosive offense.
Washingtion (9-7) They will make a playoff push, but it will be not cuz of their offense, but Arrington and co.
Dallas (7-9) Passin up on S. Jackson will hurt them BAD.
N.Y. Giants (3-13) So San Diego has 2 top 10 picks next year...

NFC North
Minnesota (10-6) Moss is just that good.
Detroit (8-8) Will make a great run for the playoffs, but lack of experience hurts them.
Green Bay (7-9) The 4th and 26 will run through their minds every close game, causing them to lose their confidence.
Chicago (5-11) Great D, but no offense to compliment it.

NFC South
Atlanta (11-5) Vick comes back wit a vengeance.
New Orleans (10-6) Can u say 11 straight 100-yard games... which will keep them close in all da games.
Carolina (9-7) Fall up short, wit lack of the ability to win close games as won last year.
Tampa Bay (4-12) Not enough talent on D, and no ability to score on offense.

NFC West
Seattle (11-5) Made the rite moves in the offseason, wit da exception of Winstrom ?!?
St. Louis (8-8) Possible loss of Leonard hurts them on D. How much does Faulk have left in da tank.
San Francisco (7-9) The surprise team of the year, wit no big name players on offense wat so ever.
Arizona (5-11) Will regret passing up on Big Ben.

Playoffs:AFC
Tennesse
Miami
Denver
Cinncinati
Wild Card:
New England
Indianapolis

NFC
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Seattle
Minnesota
Wild Card:
New Orleans
Washington

Offensive Player of the Year: Deuce McAllister...Monster year, even wit most defenses playin 8 in da box.
Defensive Player of the Year: LaVar Arrington...What can't he do?
MVP: Michael Vick...Single-handedly wins several games for the Falcons.
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Kellen Winslow II...only shining point of the Browns season.
Defensive Rookie of the Year: D.J. Williams...tough choice between him and MeAngelo Hall.

these are just my opinions, feel free to comment on them
Ma Man Deuce McAllister = M.V.P....period
r_singh_02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:28 pm

Pretty good overall... but i can definetly see some bias there... New Orleans does not have the secondary i think to be good on defense, like a bunch of goofs, they drafted another de when they have two that are really young in howard and grant. Dont get me wrong I love the saints but they didnt do anything to improve their defense which was the huge weakness... And I still think baltimore's d is too dominant and will still beat out natti for the division title, especially with the inexperienced Carson Palmer at QB

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:32 pm

Actually we'll open up the predictions forum for these types of threads.

Still got the June 1st cuts to go...but knock yourselves silly.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Bout Time We...

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:36 pm

r_singh_02 wrote:

NFC North
Minnesota (10-6) Moss is just that good.

i think they will go 12-4
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:46 pm

I'll just just state one thing that stood out to me.

Green Bay at 7-9 seems a little low. I mean, if they want to stink this year, great - :-) - but realistically I don't see one glaring gaffe in the playoffs making this entire season a losing campaign. Favre is still Farve (unfortunately), Green is still going to dominate some teams with his run game, and Javon Walker is probably going to get even better this year.

I would probably faint if my Niners get to 7-9 this year! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Johnny Ballgame » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:00 pm

First of all - I would love to say you are wrong about my Bears but truth be told you are probably pretty close to being right. Although I think they will win more than your predicted 5 games. I think you have underrated GreenBay. I also think that Cincy might be a bit overrated. While they are a much better team - they are starting Carson Palmer who will make rookie-like mistakes as this is his first year. Good news is that he will definitely have tools around him and be as set up for success as you can be in that situation. Also - Duece will probably not be the offensive player of the year because I think the Saints made terrible draft choices and didn't get the help they needed and therefore will not be very good. My sleeper choice for Rookie of the Year on Offense is Lee Evans. He will make a huge difference in Buffalo. Mike Mularky is great with Rookie Receivers. ;-D
"You using the whole fist there doc?" - Irwin M. Fletcher
Johnny Ballgame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Bout Time We...

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:23 pm

r_singh_02 wrote:Offensive Player of the Year: Deuce McAllister...Monster year, even wit most defenses playin 8 in da box.

If Priest couldn't get the honors this past season, McAllister doesn't have a chance unless he tops 30 TDs and rushes for over 2000 yards. And if that happens, I'll get a Cowboys star tatooed on my forehead.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:40 pm

AFC South and GB is a little messed IMO, but overall a good job. 8-8 isnt too bad B-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:22 pm

yea i understand that i might have gave the Saints too much of an edge, but wat do u expect me to say, they are gonna be 6-10?!?!? of coarse they might be but i believe they are much better than people believe. they lost a lot of games that they could have won...due to aaron brooks fumbling problems...remember. and about the green bay thing, i think that they will not do good, u saw favre in da playoffs, hes just not da same, therefore i think he wont do good.

"If Priest couldn't get the honors this past season, McAllister doesn't have a chance unless he tops 30 TDs and rushes for over 2000 yards. And if that happens, I'll get a Cowboys star tatooed on my forehead."
---maddog60

Deuce got over 1,600 and he didnt even get many carries in da 4th quarter due to them being behind, so if they are in closer games dis year, u should see numbers close to 2,000 easily.

Friendliness: %

Postby CC » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:42 pm

Wow I'm still recovering from what you said about Favre. He's just not the same any more? He led the league in TD passes last year. Obviously you weren't paying attention, and although I like Deuce, close to 2000 yards easily? I'm afraid not.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk