Bout Time We... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bout Time We...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:46 pm

Miami winning thier divison? Is AJ Feely that good????? :-?

Cincinnati winning thier divison? Not with Carson Palmer leading the team this year.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:01 pm

I think you overestimate Arrington, Vick and Duece. The only thing keeping Arrington from being a GREAT linebacker is he freelances too much. He doesn't have the patience and disapline to do what he's supposed to. Vick? What has Vick done that will carry that decent team? You have to prove it to me before I believe it. Duece? Sure he rushes for a bunch of yards a bunch of games in a row. But where was he the end of the season? He had alot of 100 yard games, but he also had a few 20 yard games.

I also don't think TB will fall that far. You have them as the second worst team in the league. Thats not right.

Another thing, The Redskins will once again be the underachievers of the league. Hasn't anyone realized yet you can't buy a championship in this league. Sadly for Redskin fan this will be their last year of hope. Salary cap hell is coming soon. I'm a Cowboys fan I know how that feels...But at least I got to watch a few SBs so it makes it a little easier. Redskins fans have NOTHING.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:24 pm

Raw I disagree with two of your points.

Arrington - This guy already IS a great linebacker. He's a runstopper, and a playmaker on the ball.

Vick - You say he hasn't done anything to carry that team. Did you see them last year when he was injured compared to two seasons ago when he was healthy? That's enough said right there.

Deuce - I agree to some extent here. The low rushing games had something to do with a couple of the D's he had to play, but he was a little inconsistent at times.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:38 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Wow I'm still recovering from what you said about Favre. He's just not the same any more? He led the league in TD passes last year.

Gee, and didn't he do that with injured recievers all year? :-?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby r_singh_02 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:41 pm

yea i saw favre last year, and he does not have enough left in da tank. the only reason the packers made da playoffs last year was cuz of their running game. warent their odds of winning higher when for threw for less than 200 yards?? and most of those touchdowns passes were done by da reciever YAC. remember they had da best screen game, so manyof those touchdowns came off little dump off passes to Ahman. even though he showed glances of da old favre, he just cant do it anymore.
Ma Man Deuce McAllister = M.V.P....period
r_singh_02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skinsfan09 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:51 pm

no way will the two best records in football be held by the eagles and the falcons. the eagles schedule is way to hard for them to be at 12-4 and vick is not going to carry an overall weak offence and a horrible secondary to 11-5 in a devison with carolina, TB, and the saints. those birds will not fly that high. the only other thing i really dont like is putting the pats at 10-6. they may have lost washington and maybe Law, but the addition of dillon at Rb, and a very good draft this year will keep this team on a rampage. Isn't there win streak at 15 right now?

it will be really hard for duece to win O of the year. i would love to see a guy like tomlinson do it. basically, he is the entire chargers offense now. I also really hope a jones, williams, or fitz wins O rookie of the year, becuase winslows head might explode if it gets any bigger.
Looks like Lav. Coles and his big toe have assured the redskins another sub-five hundred season.
skinsfan09
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mig28 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:00 am

r_singh_02 wrote:yea i saw favre last year, and he does not have enough left in da tank.

I've heard this same statement about Favre for two or three years now, so I've learned not to count him out. On the flip side, I've seen quite a few mock drafts recently where Farve was taken as the backup.
I personally wouldn't be crying the blues if I ended up with him as my number one, especially in a larger league; he's not a target at that spot for me, however.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Poobah » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:21 am

Well, you are all a little ahead of yourselves. He clearly said these were his projections for the "05" season. Therefore, I think r_singh_02 has seen things the rest of us have no way of knowing yet. We should save this and see how right he turns out to be.

B-)
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby maddog60 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:28 am

skinsfan09 wrote:no way will the two best records in football be held by the eagles and the falcons. the eagles schedule is way to hard for them to be at 12-4

How is their schedule too hard? Its no more difficult than it was last year. If anything its easier, because they don't have to face the AFC East, instead get the AFC North division. Mind you, going into last season their schedule included games against the 2 most recent superbowl champions to start off weeks 1 & 2, Atlanta and NYJ (playoff teams from 2002), oh and GB at Lambeau Field.

Even with all their injuries (Vincent, Taylor, and Dawkins all spent time injured, no less than 4 D-lineman were on IR at any given point, Westbrook, Mayberry, Emmons, Burgess just to name a few more starters that had to go on IR at some point. Oh, and McNabb starting the season with his thumb needing a splint on it), they went 12-4 last year. Despite not having a reliable WR. And the Eagles have only gotten better in the off-season. TO gives them a much needed WR threat (if only Reid will take pinkston off the field now for... anybody), Dhani Jones will be able to replace Emmons (and is 5 years younger), and Kearse only makes a healthy Eagles front 4 truly frightening for any QB. No, the Eagles will go bare minimum 11-5, if not much better. Only reason they would possibly not repeat 12-4 is if both the Skins and Cowboys became playoff contenders.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelyeri » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:30 am

I think predictions for afc teams are way under rated. They proved last season they are the most competetive conference. falcons 11-5? why?

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk