Bout Time We... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bout Time We...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:08 am

I appreciate the time and effort you put into making those predictions, r_singh. One thing before I begin though... reading messages with heavy use of da, wit, cuz, and other nonword slang in messages is similar to hearing fingernails dragged across a chalkboard when used heavily. When used occasionally to make a point or joke I have no problem with, but to incorporate it so heavily into your writing - well, I almost couldnt finish reading your post it was so bad. I know this is just a pet-peave of mine, but Im pretty sure there are many others around here that feel the same way. Please dont take it personally.

AFC East:
not a bad prediction although Id definitely not bet against NE winning the division. I dont see NE as a 6 loss team with the addition of a RB and Wilfork on D

AFC North:
tough division to predict, isnt it? I wouldnt go with CIN here, but rather Baltimore - their offense has improved and their D is still an elite D.

AFC South:
Indy is the pick here. I see Tenn as being in too much of a rebuilding mode to edge Indy. Dont get me wrong, TEN is a good team, but this isnt their yr.

AFC West:
I like your picks - It really hasent mattered who is running for DEN over the last decade, so why should it this yr, right? At 6 and 5 wins respectively, I think you are being generous to OAK and the Chargers who will be the whipping boys of the entire league this yr IMO.

NFC East:
PHI all day. You got that one right. The rivalry about to develop between Gibbs and Parcels should be fantastic to watch. BTW - have faith in Parcels ability to get the RB he wanted. S.Jackson is not the end all be all of RBs to come out of the draft.

NFC North:
Another tough division to call between MIN and GB, but I completely agree with you - MIN takes it. Although the Lions are heading in the right direction, its hard to argue against MIN with their D improvements and a healthy Bennet.

NFC South:
A little too much hype in these predictions. I see Carolina coming out of this division - barely edging out NO. ATL doesnt have the right pieces yet, and I still dont think Vick will play the entire yr, but thats just speculation on my part.

NFC West:
SEA is a good choice to come out of the division, and I admire you going out on a limb with the favorable SF grade, but they simply arent a 7 win team - 5 wins would be considered a great season for this team in rebuilding mode.

Overall good stuff.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin' » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:38 am

this guys posts are driving me crazy. what is with dat and dis and da and wit and all the words starting with d. is your t button broken??? how annoying is that?
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:19 am

its nice you tok the time to do all those predictions, unfortunately, i disagree with almost all of them. My biggest problems are:
Tennesee beating indy? no way.
Cinci winning that divi? watch the ravens shatter palmer's confidence.
Pack going 7-9? i dont think theyll miss the playoffs, not with the names "favre" and ahman" on offense.
Deuce wins offensive player of the year? ill let that one go, as you are a saints fan

Makes me wonder, who do all the 49ers fans think will win offensive player of the year? :-b
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mig28 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:35 am

Poobah wrote:Well, you are all a little ahead of yourselves. He clearly said these were his projections for the "05" season.

B-)

I'm fairly certain that was a typo, TP.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nsulham as Guest » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:29 pm

I love how every year for the last 3-4 years, people get so enamored with Miami and how much talent they have and how THIS should be the year they win the division, conference, etc. blah, blah, blah.

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, just like the Braves in the NL East, the Pats are the cream of the AFC East until someone knocks them off.
nsulham as Guest

Friendliness: %

Postby r_singh_02 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:14 pm

i love all the feedback im getting. all of your replys are possible, but remember this is what i think will happen. feel free to post what you feel will happen in the divisions. but why are all of you guys, well most of you, hating on VICK.

this forum has been dead for a while since all that was being posted were transactions, so i did this to bring this place back to life, i think i havesucceeded.
Ma Man Deuce McAllister = M.V.P....period
r_singh_02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Hating on Vick

Postby mig28 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:54 pm

I don't know if anyone is that opposed to him...I think we all need to see him do the things were expecting before last year's injury...also, the coaching change gives me pause.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:21 pm

r_singh_02 wrote:but why are all of you guys, well most of you, hating on VICK.

I actually have Vick on my keeper, so I really hope he succeeds. The problem, however, is that he is obviously injury prone. Simply because of his style of play and his size. That has always been the knock against him in the NFL - how many times did you see someone on ESPN saying "all it takes is one time for him to zig when he should have zagged." It happened twice in two yrs.

Maybe this is the yr he puts the NFL on its ear. I sure hope so, but I will say this - I will more than likely spend an earlier pick than normal on a backup QB in that league. I suggest if you do go after Vick this yr, you give extra thought to his injury trend and prepare accordingly.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:21 am

i think, hopefully, that he will NOT run so much as he did in previous years. I remember watching games where there were several Vick running plays fairly close together. It was like Reeves just wanted to let Vick run. Win games now and who cares if the kid is gone in 4 years because he can no longer walk without a limp. Now they have more a west coast offense with Mora. So hopefully that means he'll run less because hes dumping the ball off more quickly. This should = less chance of injury.

Friendliness: %

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:59 am

Anonymous wrote:i think, hopefully, that he will NOT run so much as he did in previous years. I remember watching games where there were several Vick running plays fairly close together. It was like Reeves just wanted to let Vick run. Win games now and who cares if the kid is gone in 4 years because he can no longer walk without a limp. Now they have more a west coast offense with Mora. So hopefully that means he'll run less because hes dumping the ball off more quickly. This should = less chance of injury.

It might have been because Vick can't win without running. Last year, when he came back, Indy forced him to throw and look what happened?

I don't like Vick much because I think he's ridiculously overrated. When he first gained notice, the buzz was all about how he was this new kind of QB that was also a running threat. I immediately thought of McNabb, who'd been putting up better numbers and still does, yet McNabb is the one that gets called overrated by the critics, go figure. Mainly though, I disliked his attitude in the last Atlanta playoff game (vs. the Eagles). After throwing an interception from about his own 10, Vick just stood there on the goalline as Bobby Taylor ran straight at him, and then Vick moved out of the way, slapping Taylor on the back as he entered the endzone.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk