Zeroue to Raiders! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Zeroue to Raiders!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:22 pm

Flux wrote:Is this even official?

ESPN.com's transaction page doesn't seem to mention it... :-?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelyeri » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:01 pm

Canacuna wrote:

http://raiders.com/

raiderfans.net reported it a day before the media did. they've done that on various occasions. they get their info from a source within the organization. so they are usually right.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelyeri » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:06 pm

MCG321 wrote:
steelyeri wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Re Fargas: Ill stick to my prediction from last yr that he will never play an entire yr as a featured back in the NFL.

Raider don't really believe in a "feature back." They usually have 2 or 3 in a rotation. so fargas won't be a feature back but he'll be a nice change of pace back.

I guess it's hard to believe in something that they don't have. If anyone there was capable of being the featured back, it'd be downright stupid not to explot his talents.

It's not stupid, it's done all the time. For example, do you think michael bennet or corell buckhalter have the talent to be a feature back? I do. but their teams had other talented backs available and I think the coaches did the right thing in using them. One of the best rbbc in history (in my opinion) included Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen. I would say they are both pretty good, wouldn't you? That's just the way Al Davis likes to do things and it's worked out fine for them.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MCG321 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:15 pm

steelyeri wrote:
MCG321 wrote:
steelyeri wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Re Fargas: Ill stick to my prediction from last yr that he will never play an entire yr as a featured back in the NFL.

Raider don't really believe in a "feature back." They usually have 2 or 3 in a rotation. so fargas won't be a feature back but he'll be a nice change of pace back.

I guess it's hard to believe in something that they don't have. If anyone there was capable of being the featured back, it'd be downright stupid not to explot his talents.

It's not stupid, it's done all the time. For example, do you think michael bennet or corell buckhalter have the talent to be a feature back? I do. but their teams had other talented backs available and I think the coaches did the right thing in using them. One of the best rbbc in history (in my opinion) included Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen. I would say they are both pretty good, wouldn't you? That's just the way Al Davis likes to do things and it's worked out fine for them.

Bennett does not have the receiving or blocking ability that Williams has, and Bennett was hurt last year, anyway, so we can't tell for sure if he will be the clear-cut #1 next year. As for Buckhalter, I do not think he has the talent to be a featured back. If other coaches thought so, I'm surprised no one made an offer for him since the tender on him was incredibly low. With Jackson and Allen, there was an obvious need for another back because Bo Jackson was never available to play a full year.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:12 am

steelyeri wrote:
Canacuna wrote:

http://raiders.com/

raiderfans.net reported it a day before the media did. they've done that on various occasions. they get their info from a source within the organization. so they are usually right.

Thats cool, i just didnt know much about the site and from what i saw it was a post on a message board. Didn't want to get too excited if it was nothing, but it looks like that site knows what they're talking about ;-D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby columbo » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:03 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Zero is too small to be a feature back in the NFL.

Julius Jones is the same size, should I be concerned about him not being a featured back?
"Listen Columbo, just for a minute how about we stop pretending that I'm brilliant and you're simple!"
columbo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby King Tim » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:59 am

Zereoue 5-8 207
Holmes 5-9 213
Barry Sanders 5-8 203

I don't know if size is the factor. I think it be talent
King Tim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:09 pm

I almost vomitted when I saw Zero being compared to Priest, and the greatest RB of all-time, Barry Sanders.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:11 pm

does anyone really care? Zero is exactly that, a ZERO in the fantasy world.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:27 pm

38 posts on a topic about Amos Zeroue... I never thought I'd see the day.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk