Top QB's for 2004 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top QB's for 2004

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:23 pm

maddog60 wrote:I think he'll make an increidble backup, but only a fair starter. Garcia had a bad year last year by most reviews and still put up good fantasy number totals. However, in Cleveland, he'll have a lot less to work with. Though conversely, I expect CLE will fall behind often this year, leading to more passing plays.

If Morgan or Davis steps up this year (not counting on it) Garcia will be a steal in most drafts.

So, in short, what you are saying is that he may be good, but he may not be good? He may be a steal but he may flame out?

thanks.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:25 pm

NFLknowitall wrote:A lot of these top 10 list have Garcia on them. Do ya'll really think he will do that well in Cleveland?

I think that he will do well when he plays.

I also think that he will get the crap pounded out of him and will be injured a lot.

I'm not going to draft him.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:18 pm

Argos wrote:So, in short, what you are saying is that he may be good, but he may not be good? He may be a steal but he may flame out?

thanks.

No in short, I'm saying what I stated in the first sentence of my post. I'd love to get Garcia as my #2 QB, but I wouldn't be too comfortable if he were my #1. Garcia I trust has the skill to be a fantasy QB, its having a suspect O-line, unproven WRs, and a wildcard at TE that bothers me about his situation.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby smackthefirst » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:38 pm

1 - DC
2 - PManning (Man I have to put 'P' as if anyone would think this is Eli)
3 - McNabb
4 - Hassleback
5 - Penny
6 - Vick
7 - Brooks
8 - McNair
9 - Favre
10 - Bulger

SLEEPERS:
Harrington & McNown - Just the weapons around them. Well worth late flyers.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:55 pm

smackthefirst wrote:SLEEPERS:
Harrington & McNown - Just the weapons around them. Well worth late flyers.

Easy with the Mcnown talk u almost scared me that Cade was back in the laegue... I think u were refferring to Josh McCown on the Cardinals. I agree he is a big time sleeper along with Leftwhich.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:06 pm

I rate C-Pepp and Manning as clear #1 & 2, with a slight edge to C-Pepp. The rest are a crap shoot given injury and inconsistency issues.
Penny could have a great season starting out healty and having 2 gifted WRs.
The Mc's-I vacillate between which I'd rate higher. McNair loses some for fears of injury, and McNabb because he is such an erractic passer.
Hasselbeck-could be amongst the top if K Rob fulfills his potential.
Brooks, Favre, Bulger, and Brady finish off the list. They could all be top dogs or mediocre.
Harrington could be a big sleeper entering his 3rd season and having some explosive tools at his disposal.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk