Favre Calls Out McKenzie - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre Calls Out McKenzie

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Mon May 03, 2004 4:33 pm

Thanks, B Chudd. But why does the guy who gets what I am saying have to have a tele-tubbie avatar? No matter, that is still at the heart of the matter, and that Farve should've kept it on the down low. As far as the Mooch is a Favre hater speculation, I have always had the higest admiration for Favre as a player. He represents the competetive nature of an athlete more than any other player playing today. A total gamer. He should just understand his place and not put his teammate (McKenzie) in a bad light. If he did talk to McKenzie then there was no need, and it served no purpose, for Favre to let it be known in public. That is unless he has become so enamored with the mic that he can't help himself but to blab.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TTTBone » Mon May 03, 2004 7:43 pm

moochman wrote: Favre over stepped his boundry when he decided act as a GM and not as a player.
As far as the damage that may come from McKenzie's dispute, how is calling him out in public going to help? That's the crux of my arguement, that Favre is doing more damage to his team by this, which makes me wonder why did it. I think Favre is in love with himself and this was one more way for him to get in the limelight and look like a "leader". He is starting to schmooze the way to his after football career.

Actually Favre, spends his off-season in his hometown of Kiln, Mississippi; and has publically stated that he intends to quietly spend his retirement there raising his family and doing some hunting and fishing. He consciously seems to be already removing himself from the "limelight" (no longer does off-season interviews). I don't think he has any ulterior "shmoozing" motives, just calls it like he sees it when asked...
Sure, Favre's comments may ultimately harm any potential negotiations; then again, it doesn't appear likely there's going to be any negotiations, and McKenzie needs a bit of a reality check. Thankfully, Favre has never been one to use cliched sports-speak or edit his opinions.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk