Cowboys looking to trade Hambrick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cowboys looking to trade Hambrick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:35 pm

aww please tell me that was sarcasm. !+)

any team that trades for hambone should be immediately contracted. he's horrible.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:39 pm

Which leads me to my question... Who would want him?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:48 pm

Anything that makes another team bring along a feature back that can be used for fantasy purposes is all right with me! Hambrick is a 3rd down bruiser back, and that's about all he's good for. He'll be lucky if he turns into a Mike Alstott type player with another team - although that would make another feature guy vulture prey...that I don't like.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:30 pm

At this point i think DAL and Parcells would be willing to trade Hambrick for a 'twin pack of twinkies'
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:40 pm

Theres no way you can put jones ahead of faulk and edge... they are both proven...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Sat May 01, 2004 2:49 am

Giants
1985 Joe Morris - 316 touches for 1500 yards 21 TDs
1986 Morris - 362 touches 1749 yards 15 TDs
1988 Morris 329 touches 1200 yards 5 TDs
1989 Ottis Anderson 353 touches 1300 yards 14 TDs
1990 Anderson 240 touches 900 yards 11 TDs *Hampton 140 for 700 and 4TDs

Pats
1993 Leonard Russell 320 for 1300 and 7 TDs
1994 Marion Butts 250 for 750 and 8 TDs
1995 Curtis Martin 400 for 1700 and 15 TDs
1996 Martin 360 for 1500 and 17 TDs

Jets
1997 Adrian Murrell 320 for 1200 and 7TDs
1998 Martin 400 for 1600 and 9TDs
1999 Martin 400 for 1700 and 5TDs

Parcells gets the most out of his RBs. Hambrick still managed 1000 yards and 5 TDs. I'm banking Jones can be a horse.

If I'm wrong, so be it. But if you want to win, you gotta take chances. And I guarentee if Jones goes into preseason with the starting job he's not falling past 14. If you want to take a chance on him, you're going to have to grab him before then.

*I rounded touches and yards minimally, not so gud at maf.

*Also 1987 is omitted as Morris was injured and the running situation wasn't favorable. He ended up with 760 yards on 200 touches and 3 touchdowns in 11 games..
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat May 01, 2004 11:29 am

I understand you think Jones is good, but spending a 1st round pick on him is just not smart.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sat May 01, 2004 1:30 pm

It's not smart to burn a first round pick on a running back that may very well be the next Shaun Alexander or Deuce McAllister? Someone that's in position for touchdowns hand over fist, or 350 touches a season?

If you draft well, you can afford to get nothing from your first pick. If you're a smart and active owner, you can overcome getting a bust out of the first and second round.

This is a game. And it's a game that deserves to be "played". How many of you can say you drafted LT or Portis in the first round? How many of you waited, hoping to get him at a less risky price of a lower round draft pick?

Well you my friends missed out on one season of 1900 yards and 17 touchdowns, and the other 1600 yards and 10 touchdowns.

The number of teams that depend on one RB alone, with no competition on the bench is but a mere handful.

I want the next one.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Sat May 01, 2004 1:47 pm

awwchrist wrote:It's not smart to burn a first round pick on a running back that may very well be the next Shaun Alexander or Deuce McAllister? Someone that's in position for touchdowns hand over fist, or 350 touches a season?

If you draft well, you can afford to get nothing from your first pick. If you're a smart and active owner, you can overcome getting a bust out of the first and second round.

This is a game. And it's a game that deserves to be "played". How many of you can say you drafted LT or Portis in the first round? How many of you waited, hoping to get him at a less risky price of a lower round draft pick?

Well you my friends missed out on one season of 1900 yards and 17 touchdowns, and the other 1600 yards and 10 touchdowns.

The number of teams that depend on one RB alone, with no competition on the bench is but a mere handful.

I want the next one.

Interesting take, aww

I hope Jones emerges as a strong back in Dallas
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Sat May 01, 2004 2:01 pm

If he's as good as aww thinks he will be, then it'll make me look like a genius. I just took Julius with the 4th pick in the KKL rookie draft.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk