Worst Coach in the NFL? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worst Coach in the NFL?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Worst Coach in the NFL?

Postby CC » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:42 pm

My vote goes to Jim Haslett, so much talent on the Saints and they never play up to their potential. I'd like to hear others sound off on this topic.

(Sherman sucks too)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:51 pm

Dave Wannstedt has similarly squandered talent in Miami. Great defense, an awesome back and capable receivers, but yet they still have lapses in games that cause them to miss the playoffs. They have made the playoffs a few times though, so Haslett might be worse...

(Fire Erickson right now!)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GregY » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:07 pm

Butch Davis...

Teams that have indecisive head coaches never get anywhere and rarely improve. Players need strong leadership and that begins with the HC.

So far he's flopped around on his QBs, RBs, WR's and DBs. How can a QB be expected to make solid decisions if the man calling the plays can't? "Hey, Butch! Lead by example!!!"

Mark my words...Tim Couch is NOT the one responsible for the poor passing game and he'll prove it wherever he ends up going.

Getting signed to the Cleveland Browns is like being sentenced to death or cursed...

"Hence forth may ye be damned to be garbed in the orange of the BROWNS that thy dreams of glory become nightmares of the futility of thine own eternal plight! Hasten thee forth unto thy reward ...and thy chastisement for daring to dream of hope and glory!"

I think I better find some sedatives!
GregY
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe Writer

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:10 pm

martz is a moron. no explanation required.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:10 pm

GregY wrote:Butch Davis...

Getting signed to the Cleveland Browns is like being sentenced to death or cursed...

"Hence forth may ye be damned to be garbed in the orange of the BROWNS that thy dreams of glory become nightmares of the futility of thine own eternal plight! Hasten thee forth unto thy reward ...and thy chastisement for daring to dream of hope and glory!"

Man, Slow's not going to like to hear that one...but I suppose you're calling it like you see it. I think everyone believes that Couch can really get it done; he just needs to time to read the field without having a DT in his face after three steps.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:11 pm

GregY wrote:Getting signed to the Cleveland Browns is like being sentenced to death or cursed...

Yeah!!!My man...I'm likin' this GregY already. :-b
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:15 pm

Hehe, nice one GregY.

So I dont beat the same bush, I will throw good old Marty Shottenheimer :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:00 pm

I gotta agree with Cheesehead on this one... if I thought that one coach needed to be fired last year it was Haslett the man is an idiot... he was a player and has no idea how to coach... If he was still coaching the bills I wouuld have to say Greg Williams... what a dufus... and as a dolphins I am saying that... and since I am a dolphins fan i Must also add Dave Wanstedt to the list I cannot believe they rehired him... I was crying when I heard the news... :~(

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WarMachine » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:23 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
GregY wrote:Butch Davis...

Man, Slow's not going to like to hear that one...but I suppose you're calling it like you see it. I think everyone believes that Couch can really get it done; he just needs to time to read the field without having a DT in his face after three steps.

I don't mean to disrespect any Diehard fans. Heck... I'M A BEARS FAN for cryin' out loud! But sometimes I think Davis is dumber than my little sister or Barry Switzer when it comes to making Football decisions and the running of a team.

I'd like to see Cleveland do well this season, really, but it won't happen with Davis as the Coach.
WarMachine
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:24 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Hehe, nice one GregY.

So I dont beat the same bush, I will throw good old Marty Shottenheimer :-t

He's had two losing seasons in a 17.5 season career. Far from the worst. Now that Campo is gone, my vote goes to Haslett.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk