Worst Coach in the NFL? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worst Coach in the NFL?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:40 pm

I seriously cant believe Mike Martz isnt the consensus pick. The guys a complete moron.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:47 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I seriously cant believe Mike Martz isnt the consensus pick. The guys a complete moron.

he already has my vote ;-D
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JrcWy » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:48 pm

Top ten worst coaches...

1) Martz
2) Martz
3) Martz
4) Martz
5) Davis
6) Davis
7) Haslett
8) Shottenheimer
9) Wandstat
10) Cowher

I feel pretty strongly about Martz. In my opinion, he is about as smart as a termite-infested fence post. Don't try to tell me his record speaks for itself. The guy is still living off the honey moon of what Dick Vermeil built(the problem is he doesnt know how to use it).
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat May 01, 2004 12:06 am

This is where the discussion is taking a little fork...are we talking worst development of players/team or worst usage of players and play-calling? That's where the distinction between the Hasletts and the Martzes of the world come into play!

Martz is a fly-off-the-handle guy, I'll give him that. He sticks to a QB (Bulger) for the year, but changes his play calling at the drop of a hat (mismanagement of their last playoff game). Butch had two decent QB's and believed they were the problem instead of addressing the real reason they were doing bad - the offensive line wasn't giving either of them time to do anything.

Then you have Haslett who has a QB that has the good running/throwing ability, but his talent seems wasted because at times he looks lost by fumbing and making poor decisions. A head coach (through the QB coach) needs to see these things and correct these fundamental mistakes before they become habit - in Brooks' case it may already be.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Sat May 01, 2004 12:09 am

My #1 of reent history is spurrier. The man should never have even been given a chance.

Wandstat at Haslett have problems on there team. I don't think it has to do with true coaching. Maimi has an awful O-line. I mean awful.

Davis and Martz get my vote for current coaches. The "genius" Martz can't make a decision and every decision Davis makes seems to be wrong.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Sat May 01, 2004 12:21 am

Though there have been fine candidates mentioned here I can't help but to condemn into eternal hell Dave Wannstedt. He and his ilk are a cancer on the sport of football. Because of his lust for passing the football I cannot agree that Martz deserves mention. This was for the worst coach, not the biggest idiot. At least the Idiot believes in passing and scoring. Butch and Marty are fine choices with both taking teams with potential and confusing the hell out of them. I haven't seen such fine coaching since Marty Mornhenweg was fired! I also would like to give honorable mention to Del Rio. Though the Jags played well down the stretch, having an Ax in the locker room was so stupid that Martz himself probably wishes he thought of it.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby NittanyLions » Sat May 01, 2004 10:30 am

KingGhidra wrote:
NittanyLions wrote:Hehe, nice one GregY.

So I dont beat the same bush, I will throw good old Marty Shottenheimer :-t

He's had two losing seasons in a 17.5 season career. Far from the worst. Now that Campo is gone, my vote goes to Haslett.

I dont think he is the worst, I think Haslett and wannstedt and the ones listed are worse, I was just saying after them it is him. Mainly thanks to the moves they have made...
You could also say Dan Reeves isnt a bad coach cause he had a great career, but right now it what matters, and he sucked
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat May 01, 2004 11:23 am

JrcWY said Cowher? Where's the logic behind that?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat May 01, 2004 12:01 pm

I love cohwer I wish he was coaching the fins... But Jeff Fisher is graet as well, he can make a man out of anyone...except kickers of course.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Sat May 01, 2004 12:04 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:JrcWY said Cowher? Where's the logic behind that?

I missed that. You cant say that at all, Cowher is a great coach, not one of the top 5 worst coaches
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk