Any non-American ff players out there? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Any non-American ff players out there?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any non-American ff players out there?

Postby cc2506 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:06 pm

Not that there's anything wrong with Americans. But, at the moment I am calling for expressions of interest in a new league I plan on setting up to allow us non-American fans of fantasy football to knock the yanks off their perch, in a "World Bowl" next season.

My thinking is to set up four "conferences", each conference is based on a geographical location. There will be 2 American conferences, 1 Australian conference and 1 Rest of the World Conference. (this could change subject to interest expressed). League Size = 12 teams per "conference", running with different player pools. ie Priest Holmes could be on one team in each of the four conferences.

The league specifics I have in mind currently are;

No in conference Divisions. All teams play the other teams in their conference only once. Regular Season concludes week 11. (Finals/post season explained later). The post season borrows some of the concepts used for the finals/post season in the Aussie Rules.

Starting lineup 1QB, 1-2 RB, 2-3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D. Total starters = 8, there is one spot for use as either a RB or WR, so you could start 1 RB and 3 WR or 2 RB and 2 WR.

Total Roster = 15 players, any combo of players on the bench.

Playoffs = 6 teams.

At the conclusion of the regular season the teams will be ranked, in the order of the tiebreakers.

Playoff tiebreakers;
1 Overall Record,
2 Points For
3 Points Against

Week 1 of the postseason (week 12 of the regular season) = Teams ranked 1 and 2 will receive a first round bye, the team ranked 3rd plays team ranked 6 and team ranked 4 plays team ranked 5. The winners advance, the losers are eliminated.

Week 2 of the postseason (week 13 of the regular season) = Highest ranked winner from the first week of playoff plays team ranked 2 overall. Lowest ranked winner from week 1, of the playoffs, plays the #1 overall ranked team. Winners advance, losers eliminated.

Week 3 of the postseason (week 14 of the regular season) = Winners from week 13 play each other to determine the "conference/geographical location" champion.

Week 4 of the postseason (week 15 of the regular season) = Winners of the Rest of the World conferences play off to go to the World Bowl (Aus v Rest of World). Winners of the two American conferences play to go to the World Bowl.

Week 5 of the postseason (week 16 of the regular season) = "World Bowl"

Entry fee = at the moment I am thinking USD20. Need to ensure it isnt too high to allow us poor Aussies to afford it ($20 worth of greenbacks is $40 Aussie and for other countries currency conversion may be worse).

Prizes = ? Still to be determined. 12 teams x $20 x 4 conferences is a few bucks to play with though.

Nothing is set in stone yet, this is all conceptual. At the moment I am just looking for expressions of interest, from non American fans of the game. The Yanks will get their chance in time, first we need to see if there is any interest from other worldly locations.

The scoring system will come in the future, but it will be a system which penalizes for errors and pays "bonuses" for the big play.

Thanks for reading... please email me at mailto:cc2506@yahoo.com.au if you are interested...

chris.
cc2506
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cc2506 » Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:38 am

Its been a while since this post was made - just wanted to let you know that this league is a go-er.

email me @ mailto:cc2506@yahoo.com.au if your keen.

chris
cc2506

Postby slowkidz » Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:37 am

hehehe...he called us "yanks" :-B

interesting concept...i'd be interested to see how this works out...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Homeless » Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:16 am

You'd have better luck whooping the "yanks" at swimming. :-)

Seriously though, sounds like fun, anything fantasy football related is fun! wonder how the language barrier will work out ?
Last edited by Homeless on Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:20 am

"yanks" huh.......we'll yank your pride and $$ right out from under you!....

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Fri May 30, 2003 7:35 pm

Two American divisions are full and the Aussie division only has a couple of vacancies. Where are the Canadians? C'mon here is a chance to stick it right up the Septic Tanks (Yanks) and show 'em who really knows their stuff!!!!

Friendliness: %

Postby cc2506 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:08 am

The 2 American divisions are full and the Australian/New Zealand division has only 1 spot left and there are 2 spots available in the United Nations (Rest of World) Division.

If you are interested in joining, you can email or send me a personal message.

Cheers
cc
cc2506

English New Zealander very interested!!

Postby JK » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:15 am

Hiya
I'm an expatriate Pom living in New Zealand (I have a citizenship application lodged and intend to stay here), and I've always dreamed of representing my country (for years I dreamed it would be soccer, but heck, if it's Fantasy Football, it's better than nothing...)
My e-mail is: mailto:jkimber@paradise.net.nz
I'll send you an e-mail too.
Cheers
Jim
JK

Friendliness: %

Postby cc2506 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:45 am

JK - I sent you some info in an email...

cc
cc2506

Return to Classifieds