Best NFL Coach? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best NFL Coach?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby skinsfan9 » Sat May 01, 2004 10:58 pm

I would have to say MIke Martz..................

Oh wait, this is best coach, in that case i would have to say joe gibbs for the simple fact that his record is 124-60 and he is 16-5 in the playoffs and only had one losing season with the skins and that was 7-9.....He makes a group of average individual players play like a team that can not be beat. He is one coach that gets everything he can out of his players.

From a fantasy stand point, i would say you cant go wrong with Dick Vermeil coaching your team. Look at the offense he was running in St. louis a few years ago. basically the best fantasy back, QB, and a very highly rated receiver.

Now look at the offense he is running in at KC. the best back, very good qb, best TE, and the receivers.....cough. cough, well anyways how bout priest, gonzo, and green
skinsfan9

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby JrcWy » Sat May 01, 2004 11:25 pm

Gotta go with Vermiel. He is a fantasy coach's dream. Not just what he has going for him in KC but I still give him the credit for any of Martz's success. The Rams were so organized when Vermiel left that the team seemed to be on auto-pilot. If his successor would have had a shred of brains, the Rams would still be winning superbowls.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TFM » Sun May 02, 2004 9:05 am

I'm goin out on a limb here and saying Mariucci. His turn-around in Detroit is just about complete, and after this past draft they will be a team to reckon with in the next coule years.

BTW - i am in no way biased to Detroit - I'm sadly a Bucs fan - just so you know
"Please don't quote me in your signature" - Anonymous
TFM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun May 02, 2004 9:09 am

I know this guy isn't the best but I felt he should definetly be mentioned. The man is Marvin Lewis, he took the most maligned franchise in football and turned them into a playoff contender in one year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby camron1269 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:06 pm

gibbs, tuna, dungy, belichick, vermeil
camron1269

Friendliness: %

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue May 04, 2004 10:19 pm

parcells, belicheck, fox. Umm belicheck turned New England around, they werent very good. Parcells is always a great coach and what Fox did with carolina was unbelievable.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk