sports - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

sports

Moderator: Football Moderators

sports

Postby arrbez » Sun May 02, 2004 12:35 am

i was just wondering which are everyone's favorite sports to watch, and in which order. i used to watch all sports, but i've had a real falling out with baseball and basketball lately. i'm just kinda curious to see what everyone else thinks.

(love to watch)
-hockey
-football

(will watch if it's on)
-lacrosse

(have lost all respect for in last 5 years or so)
-basketball
-baseball

(not even if they payed me)
-nascar
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun May 02, 2004 1:08 am

This topic is better suited for Gen. Talk, but I'll field it!

The only sports I won't watch would be the WNBA and soccer when it isn't the World Cup. They are too boring and I have no draw to them at all. I don't watch much NBA at all either; I have no favorite team.

I'll watch any NFL game that's on - I even put out 4 TV's and watch multiple games at once at home! However, there are some sports that I mainly watch for my favorite teams. It's hard for me to watch an entire baseball game when it isn't the Pirates and hockey when it isn't the Penguins.

I really like to watch the lesser exposed sports, such as bowling, billiards, rugby, Australian Rules Football, poker, ping pong - whatever's on that is something different from the big sports is great. Sometimes (but only for a few seconds) I wish I lived in Canada...that way I could watch curling every week! ;-D Seriously, I like that sport and would love to try it.

I know a lot of people love college sports. I'll watch OSU and PSU games, but I don't stay with them the whole game. I only watch March Madness in college basketball.

NASCAR is definitely becoming less of a draw to me. In the late 90s, I watched it all. But since Dale Sr. (who was my favorite driver) died and since some of the old tracks have been replaced by newer tracks at new venues, I've lost interest in watching every race. The new tracks are all the same, the same people win them, there are little/no accidents (I know we don't want that but it makes the race cool), and the leader of the race is out in front by 10 seconds. These races are boring because there is really no competition involved, one driver dominates, and there is little chance for someone else to win. I only fully watch the races at the superspeedway tracks and the short tracks because they are very competitive and there are a few wrecks to keep the cars close.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Sun May 02, 2004 1:39 am

Lakers
Vikings
Dodgers
NBA
NFL
MLB

Thats the order in which i watch my sports
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby aussieboy » Sun May 02, 2004 1:40 am

Wow, do you guys get Australian Football? What do you think of it? Personally i like American Football better, its a bit more organised and calculated than the rabble that Aussie Rules is. Obviously i grew up with Aussie Rules so i do have a soft spot for it and i watch it often (seeing that its one of our national sports and thus is always on TV).

Other sports i like watching:
Cricket
Basketball
Soccer
World Championships of any sport
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun May 02, 2004 2:33 am

aussieboy wrote:Wow, do you guys get Australian Football? What do you think of it? Personally i like American Football better, its a bit more organised and calculated than the rabble that Aussie Rules is. Obviously i grew up with Aussie Rules so i do have a soft spot for it and i watch it often (seeing that its one of our national sports and thus is always on TV).

It used to be on Fox Sports about 10 years ago every Friday afternoon. I loved it because I would come home from school, watch some Rugby League (I liked the Manly Sea Eagles), and then watch Australian Rules Football (Geelong was cool). They switched it to super-early morning Saturday on ESPN2 which stunk because I never got to see it. Now I only know of it being on Fox Sports World, a station that I don't get on my dish. If it didn't cost 10 bucks a month extra to get it, I'd probably go for it.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sun May 02, 2004 2:38 am

OK I ADMIT IT..

I watch billiards on ESPN.

How lame is that?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aussieboy » Sun May 02, 2004 3:34 am

It used to be on Fox Sports about 10 years ago every Friday afternoon. I loved it because I would come home from school, watch some Rugby League (I liked the Manly Sea Eagles), and then watch Australian Rules Football (Geelong was cool). They switched it to super-early morning Saturday on ESPN2 which stunk because I never got to see it. Now I only know of it being on Fox Sports World, a station that I don't get on my dish. If it didn't cost 10 bucks a month extra to get it, I'd probably go for it.

Thats wild. Geelong are shit now, they used to be great back in the day, and i dont think Manly are around anymore. How times have changed.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sun May 02, 2004 9:07 am

Love to watch:

Football
Boxing
Basketball
World Cup

Will watch:

Hockey
Baseball (playoffs only)
Olympics

Would never watch:

Golf
NASCAR
(don't get me started on NASCAR)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun May 02, 2004 9:10 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:(don't get me started on NASCAR)

What's wrong with Nascar? }:-)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Sun May 02, 2004 9:33 am

I told you not to get me started.

1st of all it's like what 4 or 5 hours long. All they do is drive around in a circle and no one ever passes unless somebody goes in for a pit-stop. The person who starts in first usually finishes in 1st. If I wanted to see cars drive around in a circle for 5 hours I would go to the roundabout in my town and watch it up close, for FREE!
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk