sports - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

sports

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun May 02, 2004 6:03 pm

No arguement there.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun May 02, 2004 6:08 pm

That's the point I'm trying to make here Cheese.It's takes an athlete to control those cars at those high speeds.These guys train and practice and hone their skills,sounds like the prerequisite for an athlete to me.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby arrbez » Sun May 02, 2004 6:22 pm

it's a sport all right...but i just cant seem to get into any non-team sports. skiing, tennis, golf, racing (of any kind), bowling...it's all kinda boring to me
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Sun May 02, 2004 6:23 pm

I know what you're trying to say they have to practice and make decisions and stuff, but it doesn't require any kind of physical or athletic prowess, its almost like saying (this comparison is somewhat off-base) that someone who is really good at Madden, and practices all the time, is an athlete.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun May 02, 2004 6:29 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:but it doesn't require any kind of physical or athletic prowess

Let me reiterate,you could not race these cars at the level of these guys,you would wreck and possibly die.Ever try to hold onto a car going 85 down the highway and the power steering goes out?Try it at 200 mph,it involves skill,strength,and conditioning.They are athletes and theres no doubt about it to anyone with a rational mind.

I'm done with my argument as it's painfully obvious that you either just don't understand or just can't admit to being wrong.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Sun May 02, 2004 9:27 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:but it doesn't require any kind of physical or athletic prowess

Let me reiterate,you could not race these cars at the level of these guys,you would wreck and possibly die.Ever try to hold onto a car going 85 down the highway and the power steering goes out?Try it at 200 mph,it involves skill,strength,and conditioning.They are athletes and theres no doubt about it to anyone with a rational mind.

I'm done with my argument as it's painfully obvious that you either just don't understand or just can't admit to being wrong.

I'm not old enough to drive, so perhaps that's part of the reason I don't see eye to eye with you.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 5XCowboys22 » Sun May 02, 2004 11:26 pm

I love to watch these sports in this order...

1. Football
2. Hockey
3. College Football
4. Basketball
5. College basketball
6. Nascar Racing
7. Bowling
8. Baseball
9. X-Games (if that counts)
10. Billiards
[b]Dallas Cowboys-[color=navy]The Home of the 5-Time SuperBowl Champions![/color] 71, 77, 92, 93, 95
#22 Emmitt Smith The All-Time Leading Rusher!
[color=navy]GO COWBOYS!!![/color]Last season-WC-10-6...[/b]
5XCowboys22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to General Talk