Taylor to lose goalline carries (again) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Taylor to lose goalline carries (again)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cupertino_11 » Mon May 03, 2004 7:46 am

:-° *sigh*.......just when I was starting to move Freddy up on my list too. Eh, nevertheless he's more than worthy of being a #2 back. I'm sure most would agree he's still a solid 2nd round pick.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Mon May 03, 2004 3:09 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:He'll probably be hurt before he can get too many chances anyways...sorry,he'll always be "Fragile Freddy" to me. :-o

I agree - and if Jones spots Taylor well enough, we may see him emerge as this year's Dominack Davis....I'd love to see it happen.

Thoughts?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Mon May 03, 2004 3:13 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:He'll probably be hurt before he can get too many chances anyways...sorry,he'll always be "Fragile Freddy" to me. :-o

I agree - and if Jones spots Taylor well enough, we may see him emerge as this year's Dominack Davis....I'd love to see it happen.

Thoughts?

No, I strongly doubt that. To me, there's a little bit of a difference between Fred Taylor and Stackey Mack.

If anyone's going to be the rookie RB stud his year, it'll be Julius or Kevin Jones.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Mon May 03, 2004 3:30 pm

or Tatum Bell ;)
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby VHawk15 » Mon May 03, 2004 3:40 pm

Free Bagel wrote:or Tatum Bell ;)

True. If he's able to beat out Griffin, Hearst, and Ahmad Galloway for the starting spot, his name is definitely thrown into that mix.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon May 03, 2004 6:15 pm

This doesn't affect my thoughts on Fragile Freddie's value. Before Jones there was Toefield, before him Mack. Though many of you are ready to Fruad as Franchise, his own coaching staff see him as being too fragile to handle the tough yards on the goalline. I hope he stays healthy-he'll post some great yardage numbers, but he never was a big TD guy.
Oh heck, who am I kidding. I hope he gets hurt so the legend continues...see how much I suck.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby MCG321 » Mon May 03, 2004 10:08 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:

Thoughts?

No, I strongly doubt that. To me, there's a little bit of a difference between Fred Taylor and Stackey Mack.

If anyone's going to be the rookie RB stud his year, it'll be Julius or Kevin Jones.

And by 'a little bit of a difference', we mean a huge difference. ;-)
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Fred

Postby hwkyetkd11 » Tue May 04, 2004 1:47 am

I honestly hate Fred because I always have had him every year, good and bad times. He is like a dangling piec eof meat before a dog's eyes. He seems he could be the stud but then sumthen happens, an dnow the Jones thing. I still think he will get a majority of the carries and the change of pace with Jones may help him get some rest and bunch in some 10+ yard TDs. Guess we'll justs ee, I still have him int he upper 10-13 of RBs
hwkyetkd11
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Football Talk