Ray Lewis Update!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

Ray Lewis Update!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ray Lewis Update!!

Postby slowkidz » Mon May 03, 2004 7:17 am

Just thought I'd throw a post out here to liven things up a little. ;-)

KFFL wrote:Ravens | R. Lewis Settles Civil Suit - from http://www.KFFL.com
Sat, 1 May 2004 10:14:15 -0700

Milton Kent, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis has avoided a scheduled civil trial by reaching a financial settlement with the daughter of one of two men killed in a fight in Atlanta after the SuperBowl in 2000. Attorneys filed suit in August 2001 on the daughter's behalf against Lewis and four others in federal court in Atlanta. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed.

More...

ESPN.com wrote:Baltimore Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis has reached a financial settlement in a civil lawsuit brought against him and four others by the daughter of one of the two men that the NFL's top defensive player was accused of murdering in 2000.

Terms of the settlement were not disclosed under a confidentiality agreement. But India Lollar, 4, the daughter of the slain Richard Lollar, is expected to receive a seven-figure payment under terms of the agreement. She and her mother, Kellye Smith, the fiance of Richard Lollar at the time of his death, originally sought $13 million in the suit.

The arrangement was agreed upon Thursday after several mediation sessions. A trial had been scheduled to begin June 14. Smith, who resides now in Decatur, Ga., reiterated on Saturday that she cannot discuss the settlement.

Lollar and a friend, Jacinth Baker, were stabbed to death in the Buckhead night life section of Atlanta in a melee several hours after the conclusion of Super Bowl XXXIV. Lewis, who was in Atlanta for the game pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor obstruction of justice charge and was sentenced to probation. Lewis was initially charged with murder, but those charges were dropped as part of a plea agreement.

The civil lawsuit, which will now be dropped, was filed in August 2001.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Mon May 03, 2004 3:04 pm

So the murderer gets away. I will always hate the man...

I would really like to see that picture you have much more often...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Ray Lewis Update!!

Postby slowkidz » Tue May 04, 2004 6:47 am

KFFL wrote:Ravens | R. Lewis Settles Civil Suit - from http://www.KFFL.com
Sat, 1 May 2004 10:14:15 -0700

Milton Kent, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis has avoided a scheduled civil trial by reaching a financial settlement with the daughter of one of two men killed in a fight in Atlanta after the SuperBowl in 2000. Attorneys filed suit in August 2001 on the daughter's behalf against Lewis and four others in federal court in Atlanta. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed.

this right here just tells me that Ray Ray bought his freedom. If he wasn't guilty, then why pay the $$$ ? :-? :-t
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby awwchrist » Wed May 05, 2004 12:58 am

I liken it to when I got my divorce. When it was time to argue over the $$ in the bank and all our belongings, I was so F'ing ready to just throw it all at her and wash my hands of the situation. I just wanted it to be DONE and over with. I didn't care about getting my fair share, I just wanted to move on with my life.

"HERE...take 2/3rds the bank account, the house, the 1 car we own outright, most of the furniture...and get the F outta my face!!"

He's just trying to move on. I'm sure whatever he had to pay ( a couple mil maybe at most?) is totally worth shutting the door on this.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Wed May 05, 2004 1:46 am

awwchrist wrote:He's just trying to move on. I'm sure whatever he had to pay ( a couple mil maybe at most?) is totally worth shutting the door on this.

Right-o. It'd be O.J. Simpson-like if this went into a civil trial - I'm sure Lewis would rather avoid that kind of coverage and just focus on anything else instead.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

ray

Postby sportskid3 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:15 am

ray liwis is asum
titans r the best
sportskid3
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: ray

Postby RayVins » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:51 pm

sportskid3 wrote:ray liwis is asum

i am ray lewis' biggest fan and i will always love him for what he did for baltimore and the ravens, BUT...

this kid should never talk about him. that was easily the stupidest internet talk sentence i have ever seen...

not to mention he is a titan fan...who we hate...

so no more talking or liking ray lewis please kid...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:52 pm

i like how you photoshopped those bars around him :-b nice touch :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baltimore Ravens