Raider's Not Content With RBs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Raider's Not Content With RBs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Raider's Not Content With RBs?

Postby CC » Mon May 03, 2004 4:29 pm

This is from Profootballtalk.com

RAIDERS LOOKING FOR MORE RB HELP?

Despite the recent addition of veteran Amos Zereoue and the presence of Tyrone Wheatley and Justin Fargas, we're hearing that the Oakland Raiders are hoping to beef up their running back corps.

The leading candidates, we're told, are Travis Henry of the Bills and Rudi Johnson of the Bengals.

Henry is quickly becoming expendable as 2003 first-rounder Willis McGahee gets closer to the field. Johnson, a restricted free agent, is poised to hit the open market in 2005. With rookie first-rounder Chris Perry now on the roster, the Bengals might be tempted to get value for Johnson now, in lieu of nothing later.

If the Raiders add another back, our guess is that veteran Tyrone Wheatley might be the odd man out -- unless newcomer Zereoue fails to show that he'd able and willing to be a role player in the Oakland offense, which likely will be augmented with some special teams appearances, a task in which he initially made a name for himself with the Steelers
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pmix » Mon May 03, 2004 4:33 pm

I thought the Raiders had a Salary Cap problem, how are they gonna fit another guy under the Cap??

What a mess in Oakland.
I'M A CERTIFIED 'SPECIAL MASTER'
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 03, 2004 4:46 pm

Both would make nice fits in Norv Turner's offense - but I can't see Travis Henry or Rudi Johnson shipped out of their respective cities to make room for some unproven players...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CC » Mon May 03, 2004 5:04 pm

Me either, I just post em as I see em.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Mon May 03, 2004 5:05 pm

I agree, Canacuna ...
How is Henry all the sudden "expendable"? Just to save face and play a draft pick?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 03, 2004 5:08 pm

Lushcrush wrote:I agree, Canacuna ...
How is Henry all the sudden "expendable"? Just to save face and play a draft pick?

That Willis McGahee pick just keeps looking worse and worse...

I would have liked to see the Bills ship McGahee out on draft day since all of those glowing reports are coming out of Buffalo these days...

"Willis McGahee has added 400 pounds of pure muscle and ran a 3.4 forty while dragging an entire defensive line behind him."
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Broncmet » Mon May 03, 2004 5:42 pm

I think the Bengals would make a huge mistake getting rid of Johnson, especially since dillon isnt there anymore. And with more improvement like last season there would be no reason for Rudi not to want to resign with the Bengals.
Broncmet
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NittanyLions » Mon May 03, 2004 5:46 pm

Both RBs would be nice for Oakland, but I have to say I cant see Rudi being shipped out, and it is hard to imagine Henry gone too. A Henry trade could help both his and McGahee's value though :-? Henry is still young, too, I dont like the fact they are planning on getting McGahee going.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Mon May 03, 2004 5:48 pm

pmix wrote:I thought the Raiders had a Salary Cap problem, how are they gonna fit another guy under the Cap??

What a mess in Oakland.

Actually they are 2nd in the NFL for salary cap with 5 mil...I still don't think they will get either one...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Mon May 03, 2004 6:10 pm

Wow, Travis Henry? That'd be a huge coup for the Raiders. They already have a stud o-line and a young prospect WR and TE. The Bengals may be up to their old losing habits if they are ready to annoint a rookie RB their starter (a RB from Michigan no less).
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk