Raider's Not Content With RBs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Raider's Not Content With RBs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby fantasizing » Mon May 03, 2004 8:51 pm

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Henry go to the Raiders. And yeah, with that massive O-line Henry could sling shot himself into a top 5 back running through the wide open lanes those guys will create for him. But, would Henry lose goal line carries to Crocket or Wheatley??

Anyways, whatever, it's not gonna happen. I don't think anyone in Buffalo is 100% on McGahee either, so unfortunately for us who like to fantasize (hehe), it's yet another RBBC in the works....
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelyeri » Tue May 04, 2004 8:51 am

Wow, I thought corey dillon would be a good pick up. Fudi Johnson would be a much better one. considering his age. I doubt either one of those would happen though, especially the henry one.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Gunslinger » Tue May 04, 2004 8:58 am

Why am I seeing Eddie George in a Raider uniform? :-?
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelyeri » Tue May 04, 2004 9:00 am

Gunslinger wrote:Why am I seeing Eddie George in a Raider uniform? :-?

I think that is a more likely outcome.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canacuna » Tue May 04, 2004 3:20 pm

steelyeri wrote:

"Let's bring in an aging player well on his way in the decline period of his career to replace another aging player in the decline of his career."

...Eww.

Oakland is the retirement home of the NFL, though - it's where players go to die.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby steelyeri » Tue May 04, 2004 4:00 pm

Canacuna wrote:
steelyeri wrote:

"Let's bring in an aging player well on his way in the decline period of his career to replace another aging player in the decline of his career."

...Eww.

Oakland is the retirement home of the NFL, though - it's where players go to die.

Hey, whatever works. I would much rather have that than ...

"Let's suck every year so bad that we get kicked out of the AFC west -- where by the way you guys were pretty much two automatic wins for the raiders every year -- and when we finally do make it to the playoffs we don't get very far. "

Say what you want but Oakland gets good production from it's veterans who no one else would take a chance on. i.e. Jerry Rice, Romanowski , Rich Gannon , Rod Woodson. the list goes on and on, ever since free agency this has been a winning formula almost every year.

steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue May 04, 2004 8:23 pm

Broncmet wrote:I think the Bengals would make a huge mistake getting rid of Johnson, especially since dillon isnt there anymore. And with more improvement like last season there would be no reason for Rudi not to want to resign with the Bengals.

You also cant get rid of him because he played at Auburn... I can name three backs of the top of my head who are good rb's that came from Aubrun : Stephen Davis, Fred Beasly, Rudi johnson and soon to be Cadillac Willims and Ronnie Brown.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guest » Tue May 04, 2004 8:47 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:
Broncmet wrote:I think the Bengals would make a huge mistake getting rid of Johnson, especially since dillon isnt there anymore. And with more improvement like last season there would be no reason for Rudi not to want to resign with the Bengals.

You also cant get rid of him because he played at Auburn... I can name three backs of the top of my head who are good rb's that came from Aubrun : Stephen Davis, Fred Beasly, Rudi johnson and soon to be Cadillac Willims and Ronnie Brown.

Bo Jackson ;-D

Friendliness: %

Postby ST33LYERI » Tue May 04, 2004 8:49 pm

It really sucks that I can't log in from school. anyhow, that was me.
ST33LYERI

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk