Atlanta's running attack - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Atlanta's running attack

Moderator: Football Moderators

Atlanta's running attack

Postby Broncmet » Mon May 03, 2004 6:13 pm

I believe that the Falcons signed longtime Broncos line coach Alex Gibbs, I would not be surprised to see a boost in the rushing total plus the bonus of additonal protection for Vick and Schaub. Anyone else think it will affect them at all?
Broncmet
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 03, 2004 6:17 pm

Michael Vick is Atlanta's offense. The coaches will probably have everyone just get out of his way and see what Vick will come up with.

...or something.

Really though, I think with the overall speed the Falcons have on offense, Warrick Dunn should put up some solid numbers - that is, if the coaches smarten up and put T.J. Duckett on the bench where he belongs.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby mannubhai » Tue May 04, 2004 4:20 am

The rookie Quincy Wilson is pretty darn good. I have seen him play. He has single handedly taken on the likes of Miami Hurricanes and Virginia Tech Hokies.

I am still stunned he was not taken much before the 6th round, where he was drafted.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue May 04, 2004 8:58 am

Canacuna wrote:Really though, I think with the overall speed the Falcons have on offense, Warrick Dunn should put up some solid numbers - that is, if the coaches smarten up and put T.J. Duckett on the bench where he belongs.

Wow - I think just the opposite. The change of pace and power TJ brings to the running game, I think its a no-brainer. Dunn is the one that needs to sit.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cupertino_11 » Tue May 04, 2004 9:58 am

With little doubt, the addition of Gibbs will improve the running stats of Duckett and Dunn, but most importantly Vick will finally have some pocket protection. This in turn should give him those precious, extra seconds he needs to read the defense effectively and hit his targets. So you could say the receivers would benefit from Gibbs as well.

In short, he'll help the entire offense. Now about that defense....
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Tue May 04, 2004 10:54 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think just the opposite. The change of pace and power TJ brings to the running game, I think its a no-brainer. Dunn is the one that needs to sit.

I have to agree with Corny here. I think power Duckett provides is what Atlanta needs...especially with a QB like Vick, who is fast enough for both of them.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby smackthefirst » Tue May 04, 2004 11:24 am

Im with you mannubhai. Im all baout Q. Wilson. Yeah so what if im basing it on one run? That run was nothing short of amazing, and against the 'Canes.

But I agree that Gibbs will help Atl. a lot. He was one of, if not the reason for Denvers running game of the past few years. Look for Atl. to have a more polished running attack, and more importantly decent protection. Which seems to be all Vick will need.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby NFLknowitall » Tue May 04, 2004 11:29 am

So who will it be? Duckett or Dunn.

Dunn looked good last year before he got hurt. And you can't ignore the fact that Duckett scored 11 td's. Who will coach Mora believe in and let carry the load the most? Or will it be RBBC again?
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Poobah » Tue May 04, 2004 11:41 am

Pardon the cynicism, but what I bet it wil be is some comment by the coach on a slow news day sometime in June that really intensifies this issue.

If I had to guess today, my money's on Duckett getting the majority of the work and all of the short-yardage, goal-line carries....
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby KingGhidra » Tue May 04, 2004 12:46 pm

Duckett is one of the least impressive RBs I've seen play the last few years. He is just the newest version of Ron Dayne.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk