Atlanta's running attack - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Atlanta's running attack

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue May 04, 2004 1:00 pm

Its tough to look good when defenses are keying on you. Defenses werent threatened by Johnson all that much last yr.

Anyway - if I had any say as a coach for ATL I would play both of them at times depending on how the defense was stacking up. They have a great opportunity to reincarnate the old thunder and lightning rushing attack this yr if Vick stays healthy. If Vick goes down Ds will play 8 in the box just like last yr - and neither will be effective. If Vick needs more protection, they have to go with Duckett.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby football genius » Tue May 04, 2004 2:10 pm

I think it will effect Vick in a very positive way. We've seen what he can do with little protection, just imagine what he can do if that protection improves. I think his passing and rushing totals will both increase and he should have a very god year.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2004 Super Bowl Campions.
Derrick Brooks = Defensive Player of the year
football genius
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby CC » Tue May 04, 2004 2:52 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Duckett is one of the least impressive RBs I've seen play the last few years. He is just the newest version of Ron Dayne.

Please don't insult Ron Dayne like that.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Tue May 04, 2004 3:06 pm

Warrick Dunn will be the starting RB, but don't kid yourself. Michael Vick is Atlanta's "running attack."

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue May 04, 2004 5:34 pm

Duckett is reported as being in great shape when he showed up for camp.

Matt Winklejohn, AJC - RB T.J. Duckett looks lean, but when asked how much he weighs, the third-year pro said he hasn't stepped on a scale. Duckett missed much of the offseason program last year while working out near his home in San Diego. This spring, he arrived a few weeks early. "He's been working real hard," HC Jim Mora said. "He's figured out the league and what he needs to do to get his body ready."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Spare Tire » Tue May 04, 2004 5:37 pm

Atlanta plans on running the option this year with Vick and Dunn. ;-)
Spare Tire
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby NittanyLions » Tue May 04, 2004 5:44 pm

I think Dunn is still a good RB, but I think this year TJ is the way to go. Vick and TJ would make a nice punch. I think Dunn and TJ are both good options, though. TJ is their future RB, however, being only 23 or somethin...So I say start TJ
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Football Newbie » Tue May 04, 2004 5:57 pm

duckett is a fatty with no skills when i watched his games. I will eat my words if he looks as good as that report says though. Dunn just looked like the superior back last year.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue May 04, 2004 8:16 pm

I think the big problem with TJ's game is his indecisiveness... when watching his games last year, he didnt hit the hole hard and he honestly looked like he was walking up to the line... However he dominated Green Bay two tears ago in the playoffs...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Tue May 04, 2004 8:24 pm

I remember watching a Falcons game where he was walking his way to the hole and he got dropped for like a 4-yard loss. The one announcer said "He's a very patient runner" and the other announcer said "He makes being patient look ugly."

Just thought I'd share.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk