Early camp talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Early camp talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defense

Postby Guinness Imbiber » Tue May 11, 2004 9:00 pm

What about middle linebacker...with the second round pick of Ted Lehman almost assures Earl Holmes a back up role sooner rather than later.

Ricks could be a sleeper, I agree. I wish he was more consistent though. Mooch had Eric Johnson in SF and seemed to underutilize him, instead focusing on his main talent...Sharpie himself. I wont draft Ricks early....thats for sure. Call it a hunch, and I guess it goes against logic. Im waiting to see how their running game pans out before I make any firm decisions.
[quote:72f2e2df26="Benjamin Franklin"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy[/quote]
Guinness Imbiber
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

TE

Postby deadskunks » Sun May 16, 2004 1:33 am

Guinness,
I'd keep my eye on that TE situation. While I am happy (as a Lions fan) that they dealt on draft day and still got Williams, I am surprised they didn't do anything in the draft to address the TE situation. The team is looking... and it must be obvious to all that Ricks is not their long-term guy... and I think that if Harrington blooms, even a mediocre (or inconsistent) TE will benefit from the scheme in Detroit. If Harrington blooms. And if Rogers, Williams, and Streets stay healthy. Healthy receivers in Detroit? What am I TALKING about???

Anyway, Jones' stock is rising (though I remain skeptical) and I agree that if he shows the ability, he'll be a featured back in RBBC.

and if...
and if...
and if...

I agree completely with your observation about the MLB position. The question remains what they will do with Holmes (shift him into a situational role or phase him into a backup role for the time being)... and when they'll do it. Teddy's in town now and with a shored-up DLine, (taking it as a given that Kalimba is healed) there may be another MLB in the NFC North worth a second look.
"know the enemy, know yourself; your victory will never be endangered. Know the ground, know the weather; your victory will then be complete"
deadskunks
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Guinness Imbiber » Mon May 24, 2004 9:57 pm

You cant hope for everything and the kitchen sink in Detroit this year! They have Ricks...so what they have some WR studs as bookshelf ends. Ricks...will prosper. I hate sayin it, but he will. Dont draft him high...as there are only so many TDs to go around. But he will be be a top 10-15 for sure...bar injury.
[quote:72f2e2df26="Benjamin Franklin"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy[/quote]
Guinness Imbiber
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby moochman » Thu May 27, 2004 5:47 pm

Latest TE rumors from Curt Sylvester is that the Lions are interested in signing TE Stephen Alexander from the Chargers. They feel he would fit in nicely with the west coast offense. Don't really know much about him other than he lost his jog to Antonio Gates last year.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions