William Green Update... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

William Green Update...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Sun May 09, 2004 4:08 pm

culboarder wrote:one good game against one decent d? he's been playing for two seasons.

Um, not quite. Two seasons would equal 32 starts, while William Green has only had 17 starts in his whole career, closer to one season.

Green had two good games in a limited 2003 campaign, including one, as mentioned before, against the Steelers. Pittsburgh was a top 10 defense last year, not one of the "worst five or six defense in the NFL."

The reason that people were so optimistic towards Green going into the 2003 season was that once given the starting role at the end of 2002, Green played very well. In the last 7 or 8 games of the year, he had solid games against Cincy, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Indy, and Atlanta. Though some of these defenses weren't so stout in 2003, none of them were in the "top 5 worst" in 2002. In fact, Indy was a top 10 D and Jacksonville, Atlanta, and Cincy were all average or above average defense in that year.

I'm not necessarily defending William Green, because he's obviously not a stud RB. I'm just stating facts, because the "fact's" that jhoefen weren't that accurate.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Suggs

Postby Dollarbill » Sun May 09, 2004 5:26 pm

Suggs hasn't really proven a whole lot yet either. He basically had one good game last year and that was week 17 against the Bengals D which was 24th in the league against the run.

He only had significant PT in one other game and that was against Baltimore where he carried 20 times for 68 yards and fumbled twice.
Dollarbill

Friendliness: %

Postby jhoefen » Sun May 09, 2004 5:29 pm

17 games in two years = bust to me, i dont know about you, but that kind of production wount get you very far. what i was talking about though was what i heard BEFORE the 2003 season. if you look back at the 2002 season, he did have decent games against some well below average d's (against the run!!). N.O=19th, cinnci=22nd., atl=23, and jacksonville = 25th. not the cream of the crop as far as stopping the run. Looking at 2003 he did play well at pitt. who ranked 12th against the run in 2003 and oakland (32nd. in nfl against run in 2003), but what you didnt mention was his 54 yrds. against baltimore, 47 against S.F., 47 against cinnci, 86 against indy or his 65 against San Diego for a whopping total of one TD in 2003.
jhoefen
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VHawk15 » Sun May 09, 2004 6:00 pm

jhoefen wrote:17 games in two years = bust to me, i dont know about you, but that kind of production wount get you very far. what i was talking about though was what i heard BEFORE the 2003 season. if you look back at the 2002 season, he did have decent games against some well below average d's (against the run!!). N.O=19th, cinnci=22nd., atl=23, and jacksonville = 25th. not the cream of the crop as far as stopping the run. Looking at 2003 he did play well at pitt. who ranked 12th against the run in 2003 and oakland (32nd. in nfl against run in 2003), but what you didnt mention was his 54 yrds. against baltimore, 47 against S.F., 47 against cinnci, 86 against indy or his 65 against San Diego for a whopping total of one TD in 2003.

No one's saying that William Green has had a productive career or that he wasn't a bust last year. All I'm saying is that 1 TD in 7 games is pretty damn good when you're dealing with drug problems as well as problems with your wife stabbing you...

Or whatever was going on with him.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Sun May 09, 2004 7:09 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
Green had two good games in a limited 2003 campaign, including one, as mentioned before, against the Steelers. Pittsburgh was a top 10 defense last year, not one of the "worst five or six defense in the NFL."

That game only looked good on paper. I watched that game. The entire time it was 3 yard and no gain runs for Green. Finally in the 4th quarter with about 20 seconds left and his team up about 30 points, he broke a 26 yard run. Without that meaningless run, he was 32 carries for for 89 yards for a very Eddie George like 2.7 YPC. The 2.7 is a much better reflection of what he did that game.

If you want to be really funny...

William Green is 6 feet tall. That's 2 yards. His arms outstreched would be another yard. If he did nothing but run to the line of scrimmage and fall down, arms outstretched, that'd be a 3.0 YPC average.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Sun May 09, 2004 7:20 pm

Not to say he's good, but you don't detract points for how many carries someone has in a game, or Ricky Williams would be damn near worthless.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk