John Clayton's list of most improved teams! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

John Clayton's list of most improved teams!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Tue May 04, 2004 8:46 pm

Yea I agree that Carey should be starting, he is a real talent. Here's the article. From Profootballtalk.com

FINS SIT FIRST-ROUND PICK

Word out of Miami is that some players are wondering why the Dolphins initially have penciled in first-round pick Vernon Carey as the No. 2 man at right tackle, given his status as their No. 1 draft pick.

With the offensive line one of the biggest areas of need for the Dolphins -- and with the team giving up a fourth-round pick for the ability to move up only one spot to get Carey -- there are questions behind closed doors regarding the decision to park Carey behind veteran newcomer John St. Clair.

"I don't care who you are. I think these guys have to come in here and prove themselves not just to me but the guys on the field," coach Dave Wannstedt said Sunday, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "That's the most important thing, that they deserve to be a starter."

But the guys on the field are the ones who think that Carey's draft status is proof enough that he deserves a shot to play.

In contrast, the Eagles traded up to get Shawn Andrews, and he's already the starting right guard. "I want to give him as many reps as I possibly can, and that's the fastest way to get them," coach Andy Reid said.

We know that it's hard to master the intricacies of offensive line play in the NFL, but there's no time like right freaking now to get a guy up to speed, especially when he's lifted off of the board among the first 20 picks. Though Wannstedt apparently disagrees with that approach, questions will continue to swirl through the locker room until the team begins to try to get an immediate return on a guy for whom the Fins invested not one but two picks.

I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue May 04, 2004 8:53 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Yea I agree that Carey should be starting, he is a real talent. Here's the article. From Profootballtalk.com

FINS SIT FIRST-ROUND PICK

Word out of Miami is that some players are wondering why the Dolphins initially have penciled in first-round pick Vernon Carey as the No. 2 man at right tackle, given his status as their No. 1 draft pick.

With the offensive line one of the biggest areas of need for the Dolphins -- and with the team giving up a fourth-round pick for the ability to move up only one spot to get Carey -- there are questions behind closed doors regarding the decision to park Carey behind veteran newcomer John St. Clair.

"I don't care who you are. I think these guys have to come in here and prove themselves not just to me but the guys on the field," coach Dave Wannstedt said Sunday, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "That's the most important thing, that they deserve to be a starter."

But the guys on the field are the ones who think that Carey's draft status is proof enough that he deserves a shot to play.

In contrast, the Eagles traded up to get Shawn Andrews, and he's already the starting right guard. "I want to give him as many reps as I possibly can, and that's the fastest way to get them," coach Andy Reid said.

We know that it's hard to master the intricacies of offensive line play in the NFL, but there's no time like right freaking now to get a guy up to speed, especially when he's lifted off of the board among the first 20 picks. Though Wannstedt apparently disagrees with that approach, questions will continue to swirl through the locker room until the team begins to try to get an immediate return on a guy for whom the Fins invested not one but two picks.

Thats just taking the Dolphins press conference out of context... Because wanstedt clearly said he will have the best players on the field and im sure carey is one of them... the real debate is who will be playing RT and who will be playing RG between ST. Clair and Carey...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Wed May 05, 2004 9:48 am

Slowkidz wrote:Clayton only writes good things about the teams that do not treat him like the wuss that he is. plain and simple. i bet he's never stepped foot on a football field, or even threw a spiral. bah. :-t

Although there is no doubt that Clayton favors media darlings (TB, Philly, and even Detroit with Millen's TV contacts) and I am sure that he was way too busy with his easy bake oven to learn to throw a spiral, but does that fact that he somehow missed mentioning the *cough* great *cough* off season that the Browns had fuel your hatred for the mild-mannered muppet named Clayton?jk
You are right, Slow, but it's is the same for most media types regardless of their physical make-up, or lack there of. It's a by-product of the kiss-ass nature of the media today. Everyone is so busy lovin' on eachother that they don't see the truth, much less report it.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby slowkidz » Wed May 05, 2004 10:06 am

moochman wrote: does that fact that he somehow missed mentioning the *cough* great *cough* off season that the Browns had fuel your hatred for the mild-mannered muppet named Clayton?

so you think they had a great draft too huh? :-B

moochman wrote: You are right, Slow, but it's is the same for most media types regardless of their physical make-up, or lack there of. It's a by-product of the kiss-ass nature of the media today. Everyone is so busy lovin' on eachother that they don't see the truth, much less report it.

ty mooch. ;-)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Previous

Return to Football Talk