Help with Drafting Position! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help with Drafting Position!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thanks!

Postby jm » Wed May 05, 2004 9:14 am

Thanks Aussieboy,

If at my 2nd pick a stud RB is still available I would definately draft him, I was just wondering if I should take a Stud WR or QB instead a second tier RB. I know a lot of people say to draft a RB in the first and second rounds. I just think if Moss or Culpepper were to fall to (13th) I should not pass on the opportunity to grab on of the two.

One more thing, I know it is early but hear are my top five RB's

1-Holmes
2-Tomlinson
3-Portis
4-Green
5- Lewis

What are people's thoughts on Green and Lewis, can the repeat what they did last year. Are they worthy of an early pick.
jm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Wed May 05, 2004 10:44 am

Personally i'd take Moss over Culpepper in the second round. With the RB rankings i think there is a general consensus the top 4 RB are Priest, LT, Green, Portis (in no particular order), after those guys however it gets a bit tricky, you'll get many different opinions on who the next 3-4 RB are and what order they should be in. I would struggle to take Lewis over guys like Deuce, Ricky and maybe even Alexander, esp in leagues that reward receptions. But like i said there's not much between this next tier of players. I did a draft in an 8 team league a few weeks ago where i picked second, i think from memory i went RB, WR, QB, TE, RB.....which was Priest, Harrison, Culpepper, Gonzales, Barlow. So i think in an 8 team league try and get the best player at each position if possible because with a shallow league like yours there will be enough second tier players to around to fill up your roster later on.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 9er Fan » Wed May 05, 2004 2:22 pm

I'd go #1 and take Holmes. The guy has scored 26 and 27 TDs the past two years.... Holmes and the best RB available at 16 will most likely be the best RB combo you can put together.

Holmes had 27 TDs last year. Portis and Lewis combined had 28. Combine Holmes with an 8 TD guy (what you will probably get around 16), and you have 35 TDs out of your RBs.

I'm suprised no one else voted this way
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Good Idea!

Postby jm » Wed May 05, 2004 2:43 pm

Thanks 9er Fan,

I thought the same way at first, but then I started to question whether Holmes was still worth it. He has had two great years and even if his numbers fall-off a little, he is probably still the best.

I could probably get Edge or Barlow at my second pick. I think Barlow is going to have a big year.

Thanks again, and keep the suggestions coming.
jm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk