AntSports Cafe Mocks... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

AntSports Cafe Mocks...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Lushcrush » Mon May 10, 2004 8:19 am

Sorry I got back too late to hit the later rounds. But it was fun ... I guess the computer doesn't read the newspapers and picked Rattay for me after his injury. Whatever ...
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon May 10, 2004 8:55 am

My Roster:
Pennington
LT
Barlow
CJ
Bruce
Sharpe
Wilkins
Philly

Reserves:
Carr
K. Jones
Moe Williams
McCardell
Wayne
Drew Bennett
Gates
Seattle

All in all, I'd say I did well. I might get burned on my QB, but Pennington should return to good form this year. He was very consistent two years ago. My RB depth is pretty much crap, but that's OK - I got LT! ;-D

I think my best late snags were Gates and Bennett. I took a flyer on hoping Gates breaks out this year as the best receiver on SD. He may be good trade bait if he does. If he isn't at least I have a cuff for Sharpe. Bennett (Mr. Irrelevant) has to be upgraded because of McCareins' departure. I think he'll have better numbers this year than last. I guess it depends on if he or Calico starts, but Bennett did well last year and McNair has to do his throwing to someone!

Guess I shouldn't have taken two defenses, but I'm used to computer picking where you're forced to have a backup at every position.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon May 10, 2004 3:38 pm

Heres my roster
QB Daunte Culpepper MIN 2.05 4
QB Tom Brady NEP 8.05 3
RB Jamal Lewis BAL 1.06 6
RB Michael Bennett MIN 5.06 4
RB Tatum Bell DEN 7.06 10
RB Eddie George TEN 10.05 9
RB Mike Anderson DEN 16.05 10
WR Anquan Boldin ARI 3.06 6
WR Steve Smith CAR 4.05 3
WR Ashley Lelie DEN 9.06 10
WR Lee Evans BUF 12.05 3
WR Robert Ferguson GBP 14.05 9
TE Todd Heap BAL 6.05 6
PK Jason Elam DEN 11.06 10
PK Adam Vinatieri NEP 15.06 3
DT Tennessee Titans TEN 13.06 9

I really like my wide recievers, Smith has a lot of talent, and Arizona should open it up with Fitzgerald on the other side and Green coaching. Ferguson and Lelie are entering there 3rd years and proved last year that they were favorite targets for their QBs. Lee Evans will have moulds on the other side and is a big play guy. My RBs all hinge if Bennet shows hes the man, and Jamal Lewis doesnt bust. If that doesnt happen I would prolly end up dealing a WR and one of my extra kickers for a running back. However Culpepper is like a running back that gets passing yards too, so I may be fine. Brady as a backup is fine too, hell get 23-25 TDs, and not throw too many INTs. Of course he would only start one week barring injury ;-) I like my defense as the titans.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby booboocam1 » Mon May 10, 2004 3:50 pm

man lushcrush, I'm sorry but that Tinkywinky thing you've got going is about the gayest thing I've ever seen.
Are you actually a fan of those...things?
I mean, each to his own, but to have that in a football oriented crowd..I mean, somethings wrong with that.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
booboocam1
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canacuna » Mon May 10, 2004 3:51 pm

I created a thread in the Roster Rating forum. Hopefully we'll get some responses there. Anyway, here's my team...

QB: Matt Hasselbeck
RB: Shaun Alexander
RB: Fred Taylor
WR: Hines Ward
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Freddie Jones
PK: Matt Stover
DT: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
BENCH
QB: Byron Leftwich
QB: Josh McCown
RB: Julius Jones
RB: Duce Staley
RB: Correll Buckhalter
WR: David Boston
WR: Amani Toomer
WR: Joey Galloway

I really like my QBs. Matt Hasselbeck is a great fantasy QB, and I'm expecting big things from Byron Leftwich next year. I usually don't take three QBs, but the talent was slim, and I have Josh McCown as a sleeper. Dennis Green's offenses have always been productive in the past.

I also am liking my RBs a lot. Shaun Alexander is a TD machine. Fred Taylor is one of the best #2 RBs you could hope for, methinks. With Bill Parcells at HC, I have Julius Jones penciled in for over 1,000 yards and at least five or six TDs. Duce Staley is definitely a solid bench player. If someone is injured, Staley can step up and be a productive starter if need-be. Correll Buckhalter was just a "best player available" pick - not bad for a fifth RB, though.

My starting WRs are great. Hines Ward is like a poor man's Marvin Harrison, methinks. He's fairly consistant and is capable of breakout games. Andre Johnson has potential to put up some huge numbers in Houston's improving offense. My reserves are decent. David Boston could turn out to be a steal, or a complete bust. There's some risk/reward involved with him. I'm not crazy about the prospects of Eli Manning tossing the ball to Amani Toomer, but he's a great #4 WR, methinks. I have Joey Galloway as a sleeper, but I'm not counting on him for much.

I have Freddie Jones as a top ten TE, but outside of Tony Gonzalez and Shannon Sharpe, I could care less who my TE is. Matt Stover was a quality kicker last year, so I 'spose that's cool. Tampa may not be as highly ranked as in prior years, but I still think they're capable of some big things.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Classifieds