Top 10 defenses - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 10 defenses

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top 10 defenses

Postby shaabyi » Wed May 05, 2004 8:01 am

Who do you think will be the top 10 defenses this year?
shaabyi

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed May 05, 2004 8:23 am

BAL (if Ray Lewis is on the cover of Madden then this rating falls considerably.)
NE
MIA
CAR
TB
PHI
DAL
WAS
SEA
GB

Just taking a stab in the dark on some of these. My initial observation from making this list is that there is no way I will spend a mid rd pick on a D this yr unless BAL falls too far for some reason. There are a lot of teams that look too similar in value to be concerned about not getting a good D during the draft.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed May 05, 2004 8:32 am

OK, here comes my attempt - don't laugh at me :-)

BAL
NE
MIA
CAR
PHI
DAL
JAX
SEA
WAS
STL

I threw some different teams in there, just based on what they did at the end of last year. I think Jacksonville could be a major sleeper defense this year. They held some teams to single digit points, and they should improve more this year. So, I put them a little higher. I also noticed that St. Louis had a ton of turnovers produced at the end of last year, so I put them at the end of my top 10 list.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Poobah » Wed May 05, 2004 8:45 am

Some of these are gonna sound quite familiar

BAL
NE
CAR
MIA
DAL
SEA
JAX
PHI
TB
DEN
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Gunslinger » Wed May 05, 2004 8:58 am

Not that I'm biased or anything, but I think Denver will sneak into the top 10 this year. They've made some nice acquisitions this offseason.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slowkidz » Wed May 05, 2004 9:14 am

Mine are a bit different...

Baltimore
Carolina
New England
Miami
Philadelphia
Dallas
Seattle
Tampa Bay
St. Louis
Washington

(sleeper picks - just outside top 10: Denver, Jacksonville, Cleveland)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Flux » Wed May 05, 2004 9:30 am

I think the team that everyone has forgotten about and should be up there is Buffalo...tisk tisk
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FF Newbie » Wed May 05, 2004 9:43 am

I think NE and Balt are head and shoulders above the rest of the pack this year, so I'll be looking to pick one of those two up in the 7th round or wait until the 14th to grab a Dallas or St. Louis. I think the Rams D is underated.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Flux » Wed May 05, 2004 9:55 am

FF Newbie wrote:I think NE and Balt are head and shoulders above the rest of the pack this year, so I'll be looking to pick one of those two up in the 7th round or wait until the 14th to grab a Dallas or St. Louis. I think the Rams D is underated.

I definitely agree that they are underrated, but they lost Winstrom this offseason, and Little probably will be, and should be susupended. That suspension very well could be for the entire season. The D-line will definitely not be what it was last year, but they still should be a top 15 Defensive team even w/o Little
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Wed May 05, 2004 10:57 am

Thanks to their stellar draft, I have to keep NE at #1... I also see no reason to drop Baltimore out of #2 at this point.

1) New England
2) Baltimore
3) Carolina
4) Seattle
5) Miami
6) Tennessee
7) Jacksonville
8) Dallas
9) Buffalo
10) Chicago

I was projecting to drop TN lower up until the draft. They did a good job holding their previous position. I'm definitely concerned about Miami though.

If Jacksonville can upgrade their pass defense 4-5 slots this year, They may be a sleeper top 3 defense. Seems like a lot of other people here seem to think so as well.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk