Seed these RB please - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seed these RB please

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NFLknowitall » Wed May 05, 2004 2:28 pm

I must say.... this is very interesting! I guess I might be the biggest fool for taking Garrison Hearst before all of those guys on that list. I think he is just too talented to let a rookie take his job away. He held off Barlow for three years. He still has a little left in the tank and I thought he would make a good 3rd RB for me.

I won't comment any further on my rankins of the remaining RB's for fear of losing them to fellow cafe team mates.

Good Luck! Except in the Drunken League, that is! hehehehe.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Wed May 05, 2004 3:02 pm

NFLknowitall wrote:I must say.... this is very interesting! I guess I might be the biggest fool for taking Garrison Hearst before all of those guys on that list. I think he is just too talented to let a rookie take his job away. He held off Barlow for three years. He still has a little left in the tank and I thought he would make a good 3rd RB for me.

Of course this may also be true. Barlow isn't good enough to take the job away from a guy who had a near career ending injury (and had chronic injury problems before that). If that's the case, maybe neither of them are really that good.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Shatner8 » Wed May 05, 2004 3:36 pm

Curtis Martin
Warrick Dunn
Anthony Thomas
Charlie Garner
Eddie George
Correll Buckhalter
William Green
Thomas Jones
Chris Brown
TJ Duckett
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Canacuna » Wed May 05, 2004 3:58 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Buckychudd wrote:KG's rankings look good.....although I would put George ahead of A-Train and Buck. Unless he gets cut he has a good chance at being a 1000 yd back......just not many TDs.

KG - Could you quit talking up C-Mart! He's my sleeper, mine-all-mine! :-[

You better hope I don't draft ahead of you in our keeper. :-b

Pssh - I'll 0wnzer the both of yews. :-D

Anyway, here's Canacuna's rankings...

Curtis Martin
He's still a player. Although he didn't get the TD numbers last year, I'm expecting decent things from him, nonetheless. New York should have a decent offense which should provide C-Mart with some more scoring opportunities - although there's still the LaMont Jordan factor, I 'spose.

William Green (Assuming he lands the starting job)
If it weren't for some personal problems, William Green would have had a decent (albeit inconsistant) season. He's shown flashes of above averageness over the last two years and if he beats out Lee Suggs for the starting job, I'd expect him to be a solid #2 RB. However, that's assuming a lot - he's a huge risk.

Warrick Dunn
He was a stud the few weeks before he was injured last season. If he can put up two thirds of the production he was during those weeks, he'd make a solid RB to have. The only negatives I can see with him are 1.) Michael Vick is the entire offense in Atlanta and 2.) the coaches may be dumb enough to give Duckett some non third down/goal line carries.

Charlie Garner
Garner is reunited with Gruden, y0. I doubt his running abilities these days, but he has got to be one of the best receiving RBs in the league. He'll put up some decent yardage and maybe get a few scores. There's plenty of competition for him, though. I could see Mike Alstott stealing quite a few carries if he's completely healthy. Jamel White is also decent enough to steal a few. ...Michael Pittman will probably be suspended (right?), so luckily he won't be a factor.

Correll Buckhalter
With Duce Staley gone, I think the majority of his carries will go to Buckhalter. Whenever I've watched him, I've liked what I'd seen. I wouldn't count on him for consistant yardage, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him have a few breakout games with some fairly consistant goal line scoring opportunities. The only worry is Brian Westbrook - but if he lives up to his fragile reputation, that only increases Buckhalter's value, IMO.

Eddie George
He's a decent injury or bye-week fill-in. He's only worthwhile if he scores, because it's been a while since he's had a high yardage game, methinks. Although if you listened to the CBS sports casters during the Baltimore playoff game, you'd think he was resurging to studliness. I don't buy that, but I think he'll be solid enough, nonetheless.

Anthony Thomas
Thomas Jones will screw up by mid-season.

Thomas Jones
He'll be a solid #3 RB until mid-season, when Lovie finally benches him.

T.J. Duckett
He's horrible, but at least he gets some goal line carries, eh?

William Green (Assuming Lee Suggs beats him for the job)
Methinks there will likely be a RBBC in Cleveland for at least a few weeks. RBBC = limited William Green value.

Chris Brown
I don't see him having much of an impact.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed May 05, 2004 4:03 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im really happy to see some of these opinions - especially everyone hating Duckett so much. I, for one, completely disagree with most of your opinions on him, and will gladly throw a late rd flier his way. Feel free to take Dunn early - Ill wait for Duckett to walk up to the line as it were.

I'll also pass on Atrain to take Jones later.

I'm curious to hear your reasoning on why you like Duckett over Dunn and Jones over Thomas.

Reasoning for Duckett:
1. Dunn was the old coach's favorite despite managements desire to develop Duckett.
2. Using last yr as an indicator for this yr will get you in trouble. Obviously a healthy Vick completely changes the dynamic of this team. Last yr defenses regularly played 8 men in the box, thus neutralizing a 'tween the tackles runner like TJ. This yr with 2 Good WRs and a mobile Vick, defenses cannot afford to concentrate on stopping the run like last yr, thus providing an openning for a power RB to perform.
3. Health - Duckett has apparantly lost weight, gained speed and added more power in the offseason.
4. A power running game complements Vick's style much more than another outside rusher like Dunn would.
5. Dunn never was any good to begin with - a stop-gap RB option his entire career.

Reasoning for Jones over Atrain:
They look about identical to me at this point, so why not go with the cheaper of the 2. Honestly, I am not that familiar with the CHI situation, other than noone is really that impressed with Atrain at this point, so the job is pretty much up for grabs. TJones is a faster outside rusher, and that might compliment the Bears O a bit better. I see them splitting a lot of carries.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Wed May 05, 2004 4:06 pm

Poobah wrote:Damn, man, what are you doing, spying on me? I just posted it, there's 4500+ people who could be in here to look at it, and who's the first person in here, one of the NINE I really didn't want to see it. Sheesh!!!

Dipsy picthing a fit :-)

Far as the list goes, theres so much speculation with many of these guys its pot luck picking the right guy.

C Mart just barely nudges out ...

Garner

A train I cant believe he will lose the job to jones, though he will lose carries.

Eddie George one last hurrah

Correll Buckhalter

Duckett, talk around town is that he will get the most carries this yr, but its just talk

Dunn

Green

Jones A Train would have to throw it away to let Jones step up and be of any impact.

Brown
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed May 05, 2004 6:52 pm

Whats with all the hatred for TJones in here... they didnt pay him 3 mill a year to sit on the bench... not to mention his receiving skills are far superior to atrains which make s him more valuable in the offense in chicago. Dont even try to use the fumble explanation, Atrain is just as bad with a lot less talent. But here are my Rankings:

Curtis Martin
Charlie Garner
William Green
T.J. Duckett
Thomas Jones
Correll Buckhalter
Warrick Dunn
Anthony Thomas
Eddie George
Chris Brown

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Poobah » Thu May 06, 2004 7:12 am

Homeless wrote:
Poobah wrote:Damn, man, what are you doing, spying on me? I just posted it, there's 4500+ people who could be in here to look at it, and who's the first person in here, one of the NINE I really didn't want to see it. Sheesh!!!

Dipsy picthing a fit :-)

SO lemme if I get this straight... you actually know the names of these little bastards? hmmm, Homey, is there something you'd like to tell us?
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Homeless » Thu May 06, 2004 8:02 am

Poobah wrote:SO lemme if I get this straight... you actually know the names of these little bastards? hmmm, Homey, is there something you'd like to tell us?

Yes my daughter watches the show and has the toys. Nice try at deflection Poo :-b ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu May 06, 2004 8:50 am

Homeless wrote:
Poobah wrote:SO lemme if I get this straight... you actually know the names of these little bastards? hmmm, Homey, is there something you'd like to tell us?

Yes my daughter watches the show and has the toys. Nice try at deflection Poo :-b ;-D

As does mine. In fact, she is so infatuated with them, we have the set for her, and each of the grandparents have a set for when she visits. I believe Teletubbies are evil creatures with some sort of mind control - how else could so many kids absolutely love them?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk