ESPN Preseason Power Rankings are out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN Preseason Power Rankings are out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby fantasizing » Wed May 05, 2004 7:00 pm

Boy, there are too optimistic on Atlanta. I expect an improvement from 5-11, but not so high!!! Jeeez. We still don't know if the Vick-to-P.Price thing will work or not. They are just going on a hunch.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Wed May 05, 2004 7:14 pm

The Falcons are the most overrated by far. I would say they are 6-8 spots too high.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby NittanyLions » Wed May 05, 2004 7:24 pm

Falcon's ranking= :-t

ESPN is WAY too high on Vick, they look at him as a god and the entire Falcon team. I dont believe vick will make everything click, but I do think he will help to make them better then last year

26? No love :-t I think we deserve a little higher, I think we are going to be an improved team over last year-our holes are being filled.

Overall pretty good though ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: ESPN Preseason Power Rankings are out

Postby Canacuna » Wed May 05, 2004 7:31 pm

awwchrist wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

Seahawks 2nd in NFC and 6th overall.

Yeah baby.

Yeppers. Seahawks r0x0r s0x0rz.

r_singh_02 wrote:Saints are ranked way too low. they are last in the NFC South??

Sorry, but... Yeppers. ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed May 05, 2004 9:14 pm

What the heck...The Packers over the Vikings? The Vikings were one game away from being number one in the division last year and then this offseason they do what? Re-load. We picked up another big threat WR in Marcus Robinson, a shut-down CB in Winfield, and had a VERY nice draft. We got Udezi to fill the biggest hole in our D at DE and we got Thomas to fill our OLB position, the other most glaring hole we had. Who did we lose? Uhh...a few backup O-lineman and Greg Biekert. We also got a few other rookies later in the draft that could easily turn out to be stars. We also got an All-Pro punter which was a major hole for us last year also, our punter was a major part in three of our losses last year, bobbling snaps, shanking kicks, and what-not. Now, onto the Packers...what did they do? Their "elite" CB is being greey and knows the team can't afford to give him a hige contract but demands more money. Favre is getting older, Ahman apparently still isn't working on his problem with his hands which leads to fumbling. Who'd they pick up? Uhh, could somebody please tell me? They're draft was nothing spectacular, they had some nice pics, better than some teams like the Rams, addressing areas of need but the Vikes still had a better draft, we got the best DE in the draft and Donatarrius is gonna be good, he's solid. I just don't understand this reasoning. I guess this is just all the more reason for the league to be awestruck when the Vikes go far next season...

As to the rest of the league...it's ok...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Wed May 05, 2004 9:15 pm

Two words for ya Zimm.... Nathan Poole.

LOL
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed May 05, 2004 9:34 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Two words for ya Zimm.... Nathan Poole.

LOL
Yea, yea, yea. That's really the point I'm trying to make. We were one defensman away from division title and the playoffs and what did we do? We went got rid if Denard Walker (how could I have possibly left that off my previous post?) the uy who got burned on that play and went and signed a shut-down corner. We lost nobody and we are still supposed to lose to the Packers again?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CC » Wed May 05, 2004 9:38 pm

Two numbers for ya Zimm... 6-0.

Season ending record: 9-7

And this was with Moss and Culpepper both having career years.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed May 05, 2004 10:08 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Two numbers for ya Zimm... 6-0.

Season ending record: 9-7

And this was with Moss and Culpepper both having career years.
Yup, Yup, yup...Our D more or less was non-existent in the second part of the season. They stopped forcing the TOs they did in the first half to keep us on top. Again, here is why I think we'll do much better next year. We got rid of our worst signing ever (since Chris Dishman at least, but don't get me started on him) in Denard Walker. We got a shut-down CB in Winfield, something we haven't had since uhh..ever maybe? We filled our other two biggest holes one D in DE and OLB and got a FS in the draft who could replace Russell sometime down the road. In return we lost Biekert, an aging LB who didn't show much last year. We have EJ Henderson to replace him who has played very well when given time.

To sum it up, I just don't see how the Vikings couldn't do any better next year and the Packers do do better. You don't have much to back up the Packers either as you have to resort to bad memories to come back at me with. :-t
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CC » Wed May 05, 2004 10:17 pm

I only need two word to support the Packers: Brett Favre.

I have more though, the Packers will be easily able to handle Moss now with their surplus of corners and Barnett will only improve on his awesome rookie year. The running game is among the best in the league, and Javon Walker is breaking out big-time this year. Plus the Packers have been a perennial playoff team year after year and being a 4th and 26 incompletion away from the NFC Championship is a lot more than I can say for the Vikings. Defensive end is the only real weak spot and with KGB all that's needed is a complement on the pass rush.

Zimm, I eagerly await our first paperbag challenge. :-)
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk