ESPN Preseason Power Rankings are out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN Preseason Power Rankings are out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Wed May 05, 2004 10:37 pm

IMO
the teams 2 high

Eagles
Chiefs
49ers(they should be LAST!!)
Packers
Atlanta(but with vick there you really dont know whats going to happen)
Raiders that high is a joke LOL
Teams 2 low

VIKINGS(dont get me started)
Saints(wow why are they so low)
Lions
Jets
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Thu May 06, 2004 6:14 am

NittanyLions wrote:Falcon's ranking= :-t

ESPN is WAY too high on Vick, they look at him as a god and the entire Falcon team. I dont believe vick will make everything click, but I do think he will help to make them better then last year

I agree - altho I believe Vick is the Falcons offense, he's just not that good to boost a team up to #9 with a defense that's still mediocre.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shatner8 » Thu May 06, 2004 7:41 am

Wow 49ers at 31st.........I cant remember the last time i didnt see them in the top 10

I actually think they will do better then 2nd to last in the NFL
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu May 06, 2004 8:29 am

Shatner8 wrote:Wow 49ers at 31st.........I cant remember the last time i didnt see them in the top 10

Sure, we're both 9er fans, so we have to say it, but it's going to be the truth. Our defense is going to keep us in a lot of games (for once). As long as the offense (especially SPECIAL TEAMS) can get the job done, I see no reason for a 7-9 or 8-8 season. I assume if they are ranked 31st they are calling for something like 4-12.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu May 06, 2004 11:00 am

Once again ESPN shows their love for Vick. Remember how much they were blowing Vick on that Sunday night game? ESPN props players and falls for there own hype. The Falcons are over-rated. I would be surprised to see the Steelers live down to their ranking here. The O-line will play better and thus the whole team will do better. The 9ers could be as bad as their ranking, or a surprise. They grabbed a perfect WR for their down field passing game, and Barlow will get the chance to prove he can excel as a feature back. I also think the Jets can have a very good year if Penny stays healthy.
The rankings don't matter, what does matter is that I can smell football coming. ;-D To quote from Lush "Bring it"!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu May 06, 2004 11:10 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Shatner8 wrote:Wow 49ers at 31st.........I cant remember the last time i didnt see them in the top 10

Sure, we're both 9er fans, so we have to say it, but it's going to be the truth. Our defense is going to keep us in a lot of games (for once). As long as the offense (especially SPECIAL TEAMS) can get the job done, I see no reason for a 7-9 or 8-8 season. I assume if they are ranked 31st they are calling for something like 4-12.

it is the truth, I don't like it but its true...they suck now...4-12 could very easily happen...8-8 is only a dream with this team....

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Thu May 06, 2004 11:36 am

Oh come on, we're not going to be that bad.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Poobah » Thu May 06, 2004 12:28 pm

I like that they didn't jump on the "Joe Gibbs is God" bandwagon and pump them into the top 10 like some in here would like to do. As for the boys, I think 15th is realistic right now. Still got questions at QB, RB, and in the secondary. A borderline playoff team with a little help. Good enough....
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Thu May 06, 2004 12:59 pm

Time for me to be a homer....why does everyone think KC is too high? we lost one starter from a 13-3 team, and replaced him with a good OT in Welbourn.....why would KC be ranked too high, when they had one of the three best records last year and they did nothing to go backwards.....

Now I will agree, the hiring of Gunther aside, KC did absolutely nothing to improve itself, but you think that they actually FALL this year.....I think the record may only be 11-5 or 12-4 but that doesnt mean we suck now.....its just a tougher scedule.

Sorry but seems like everyone seems to have something bad to say about KC and never anything good, maybe its because KC is in the middle of the US and is never talked about.
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Thu May 06, 2004 2:56 pm

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings wrote:IMO
the teams 2 high

Eagles
Chiefs
49ers(they should be LAST!!)
Packers
Atlanta(but with vick there you really dont know whats going to happen)
Raiders that high is a joke LOL
Teams 2 low

VIKINGS(dont get me started)
Saints(wow why are they so low)
Lions
Jets

No bias here eh? Oh and to kevinashcraft the reason everyone thinks KC is too high is because their defense is atrocious and they didn't improve anywhere.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk