Dolphins to go deep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dolphins to go deep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin' » Thu May 06, 2004 2:50 pm

WHAT???!!!!! an nfl player got a DWI???? you must be thinking of someone else that plays a different sport......
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pmac_03 » Thu May 06, 2004 4:06 pm

boo dolphins, boo. they will once again choke and die like a fish out of water. they have to go through this year, and they got lucky getting an earlier meeting with the bills rather then in minus temps. d boston is most overrated player in the nfl... (very arguable i agree) but i hate him for what he is and stands for (his whole SD ordeal) and he will disapoint.
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Thu May 06, 2004 4:07 pm

I don't see how he is overrated when most people think he's crappy.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pmac_03 » Thu May 06, 2004 4:14 pm

yea, true, but as many as there are who think hes crappy, there are that many (heat/dibby/dibs) who think he is greatness.... :-t
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Canacuna » Thu May 06, 2004 4:50 pm

pmac_03 wrote:yea, true, but as many as there are who think hes crappy, there are that many (heat/dibby/dibs) who think he is greatness.... :-t

I don't know if it's fair to judge David Boston at either extreme. When healthy and with a semi-decent offense in Arizona, he was a stud. He was injured the season after that, and then went to San Diego - which doesn't have a QB or offensive line, which makes it difficult for any WR to put up decent numbers.

I'll give him another year or two before totally tossing him to the side or praising him as the next big thing.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby MCG321 » Thu May 06, 2004 5:23 pm

They sure have all the weapons to use the deep ball...as long as someone can get it to 'em.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu May 06, 2004 6:05 pm

In David Boston's SIX seasons, he has had TWO seasons of 1000 or more yards, and never had more than 8 TD's.

He had ONE great season (1598yds and 8TD's) in his career. I don't see him ever being a consistent fantasy WR.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deftdelivery » Thu May 06, 2004 6:11 pm

I wouldn't change any fantasy rankings based on this...keep in mind of something we all learned last season: do not trust a coach's words for truth. We can all remember Mike Tice's decision to create a trifecta from hell in 3 back's that split carries while telling us that Bennett would see significant time. Bleh!
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Thu May 06, 2004 11:30 pm

Free Bagel wrote:In David Boston's SIX seasons, he has had TWO seasons of 1000 or more yards, and never had more than 8 TD's.

He had ONE great season (1598yds and 8TD's) in his career. I don't see him ever being a consistent fantasy WR.

Boston's only played 5 seasons actually. His first he only started half the year. The next 2 were progressively better. His 4th year he was hurt most of it. Last year he was just a pain in the ass. It didn't help that his running back caught 100 balls. Plus, was anyone else on San Diego drawing coverage from him. No. I think he's going to do much better in Miami and I'm glad to see he's slipping in the WR rankings. He'll make an excellent No. 2 guy this year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby nomadic_stranger » Fri May 07, 2004 4:53 am

Seems to me the Fins have always been a passing team that doesnt win. This isnt necessarily bad news for ffball owners. We thrive on stats, of course, as opposed to sucking. Dan Marino...greatest ffball QB ever with nothing to show for it but acute tenonitis and a crappy on-air presence. Chris Chambers did me a few times last year... and he could again. I won't pick him because I have no faith in their system or their consistency. That's just me, though... I know from dook lol
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=126466
Opinions ARENT like A-holes... I only have ONE A-hole
nomadic_stranger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk