Dolphins to go deep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dolphins to go deep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mig28 » Fri May 07, 2004 8:17 am

Azrael wrote: Last year he was just a pain in the ass.

You're on the money, Az. It's ridiculous for a physical specimen like Boston to have been so dissappointing for so long.
I thought he was a "head case" since his last year in ARZ, and I don't know if a change of scenery can fix that; however, with Chambers as the #1, he won't have to be THE guy, so there's some hope. The QB situation could be better, but I think A.J. will ultimately win the job and do well.
If Boston can't get it done in this offense, he can't get it done period.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Fri May 07, 2004 11:02 pm

mig28 wrote:
Azrael wrote: Last year he was just a pain in the ass.

You're on the money, Az. It's ridiculous for a physical specimen like Boston to have been so dissappointing for so long.
I thought he was a "head case" since his last year in ARZ, and I don't know if a change of scenery can fix that; however, with Chambers as the #1, he won't have to be THE guy, so there's some hope. The QB situation could be better, but I think A.J. will ultimately win the job and do well.
If Boston can't get it done in this offense, he can't get it done period.

It also doesn't help that Drew Brees can't throw the ball past the line of scrimmage (LT, 100 catches, 'nuff said). When Flutie came in, Boston did show some signs of excellence, and I won't be surprised when he puts up another big year.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jhoefen » Sun May 09, 2004 6:00 pm

i had boston last year and was under the impression he was terrible also. if you look at the numbers though he ranked 16th in the nfl last year in receptions (70) and in TD's (7) and 18th in Yrds/game with 62. Not bad considering where he played and all the trouble he had! I agree that i hope he slips in drafts because he'll make a good #2 at worst, considering he was a solid #2 last year and this year he'll have back one of his old coaches from his arizona days!!
jhoefen
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Sun May 09, 2004 7:03 pm

Those aren't good number for someone considered to be top 5 going into last year, but those are pretty good numbers for him considering how the season panned out.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun May 09, 2004 7:11 pm

jhoefen wrote:i had boston last year and was under the impression he was terrible also. if you look at the numbers though he ranked 16th in the nfl last year in receptions (70) and in TD's (7) and 18th in Yrds/game with 62. Not bad considering where he played and all the trouble he had! I agree that i hope he slips in drafts because he'll make a good #2 at worst, considering he was a solid #2 last year and this year he'll have back one of his old coaches from his arizona days!!

SOLID #2?!?!?!?!?

Hardly. He spent his days as most people's #3, if not on their benches.

Especially when you take into account that more than 1/3rd of his yards (310 out of 880) and more than half of his TD's (4 out of 7) came in two games.

That leaves 500yds and 3td's for the other FOURTEEN games...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mig28 » Sun May 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
jhoefen wrote:i had boston last year and was under the impression he was terrible also. if you look at the numbers though he ranked 16th in the nfl last year in receptions (70) and in TD's (7) and 18th in Yrds/game with 62. Not bad considering where he played and all the trouble he had! I agree that i hope he slips in drafts because he'll make a good #2 at worst, considering he was a solid #2 last year and this year he'll have back one of his old coaches from his arizona days!!

SOLID #2?!?!?!?!?

Hardly. He spent his days as most people's #3, if not on their benches.

Especially when you take into account that more than 1/3rd of his yards (310 out of 880) and more than half of his TD's (4 out of 7) came in two games.

That leaves 500yds and 3td's for the other FOURTEEN games...

Don't sugar coat it, Bagel. Tell him how you really feel about Boston.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Sun May 09, 2004 7:54 pm

Yeah, I tend to agree with Bagel. Even though I was always expecting Boston to break out and have a string of good games, he was either my #3 or a bench-warmer.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk