Rumor: Warner traded to bears - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumor: Warner traded to bears

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rumor: Warner traded to bears

Postby JayM09 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:48 pm

just thought id pass this along.

story here

Kurt Warner Traded To Chicago ?

According to our St Louis sources although not 100% confirmed, there is a strong rumour out in St Louis that St Louis Rams QB Kurt Warner has just been traded to Chicago for a late round pick in 2005 . Warner who some rumored to be a June 1st cut has just restructured his deal with St Louis to be traded to Chicago. The key in negotiations for this apparent deal has been former Rams Defensive Coordinator and now current Bears head coach Lovie Smith. Stay tuned for more details on this developing story.
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed May 05, 2004 9:49 pm

Are you displeased with Grossman? Trade him to the Packers, I'm sure they would take him off your hands.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed May 05, 2004 9:52 pm

When I saw this I thought no f-in' way but...then I saw who posted it and I'd have to say it's gold.JayM0 trusts it,and that means a lot. B-)

Never have seen that site but hey,looks like Grossman could sit for awhile,eh?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Wed May 05, 2004 9:54 pm

Makes perfect sense considering who the coach of the Bears is. I'm gonna make a leap of faith in my logic here... Since Lovie Smith knows the current Kurt Warner better than all but 1 head coach right now, I consider this an endorsement of his abilities. If he were damaged goods, Lovie would've told the front office so.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JayM09 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:57 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:When I saw this I thought no f-in' way but...then I saw who posted it and I'd have to say it's gold.JayM0 trusts it,and that means a lot. B-)

Never have seen that site but hey,looks like Grossman could sit for awhile,eh?

actually i heard this a few hours ago, but have been waiting for other sites to pick it up. no one has so far, so i dunno how credible this source is.
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Poobah » Thu May 06, 2004 6:45 am

Jay, I'm sure you're with me on this, but I was concerned that he might wind up in Dallas. I hope this rumor is true. If the Boys are gonna try anyone else, let it be Collins.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby converge241 » Thu May 06, 2004 7:00 am

if it is true it must have not happened yet and just be an "in principle" type of deal..no way hes off the roster before june 1st
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelyeri » Thu May 06, 2004 8:39 am

converge241 wrote:if it is true it must have not happened yet and just be an "in principle" type of deal..no way hes off the roster before june 1st

I don't think that the rams would take a cap hit if they trade him before june first, only if they cut him before then. and as for the bears not having confidence in grossman, I don't think that is the case. kordell is gone, and it's just smart to have a veteran back up in case of injury. though he does also make a nice insurance policy if grossman falls flat on his face. Which I strongly, strongly doubt by the way.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Thu May 06, 2004 11:08 am

I hope this is wrong! I think Mrs.Warner's husband would be a great fit in Chicago. Lovie needs help instilling his offensive schemes and the Professor, Skipper and Gilligan aren't the answer. But Mrs. Warner's husband would be able to help Grossman learn and could regnite the end of his career there. Mrs Warner would fit in nicely there since Kordell has already paved the way for acceptance of alternative lifestyles.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby WhiteChocolate » Thu May 06, 2004 11:43 am

moochman wrote:I think Mrs.Warner's husband would be a great fit in Chicago.

lol reminds me of Tim Hasselbeck. Wait not Tim Hasselbeck. Matt's Brother, or better yet Elizabeth's Husband.. it's gotta suck to be an NFL QB and get no respect because your brothers better then you and your wife is more famous...

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk