Odd Couple... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Giants

Odd Couple...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Odd Couple...

Postby Canacuna » Thu May 06, 2004 1:39 am

ProFootballTalk.com wrote:Word out of New York is that there's a budding new couple odd enough to make Oscar Madison and Felix Under hang a rainbow flag by the front door.

A league source tells us that coach Tom Coughlin and running back Ron Dayne are quickly developing a solid relationship, which has blossomed as Dayne has shed 20 pounds and worked hard in minicamps.

In fact, there's already talk that Dayne will have a key role on the team this year, and that he might even end up with more touches than Tiki Barber.

Dayne has been, to date, a bust in New York. Taken with the eleventh overall pick in the 2000 draft, the former Heisman Trophy winner formed a formidable "Thunder and Lightning" combination with Barber in Dayne's rookie season. But as the season unfolded, Dayne's role diminished.

Since his rookie year, in which he rushed for 790 yards on 228 attempts, Dayne's carries have dropped, culminating in a 2003 season in which he was on the inactive list every single week, as Delvin Joyce took his spot on the game day roster. Marring Dayne's tenure was an awkward effort by his agent, Terry Lavenstein, to get Dayne into a better position, including a letter from Lavenstein broaching the issue of a trade -- and a denial from Dayne that he had authorized such a communication.

But after a season of rotting in street clothes while his team stumbled to a 4-12 record, Dayne now gets an unexpected fresh start with a new coach who's by all appearances giving him a clean slate.

Source: New York's New Odd Couple
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu May 06, 2004 3:13 pm

Ron Dayne is the man.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Thu May 06, 2004 5:19 pm

Ron Dayne = Comeback Player of 2004.

...eh, it could happen.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NittanyLions » Thu May 06, 2004 5:32 pm

Canacuna wrote:Ron Dayne = Comeback Player of 2004.

...eh, it could happen.

Yeah, I 'spose it could. I think if Tiki struggles he'll get more touches, but if Tiki does another '02, I wouldnt. Dayne should be of better value this year and I look for more TDs and overall production. He will still be a bust, but he can show he reallly wants to play by getting the job. I can't wait to see how this will turn out, looking like a mess :-?
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu May 06, 2004 5:35 pm

Ron Dayne=Offensive Player of the Year 2004
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Tue May 18, 2004 11:53 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Ron Dayne=Offensive Player of the Year 2004

8-o 8-o 8-o

Cheesehead I am a Giants fan and no NY RB will win that award

Looks like Thunder and Lightning is back in action
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to New York Giants