'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Sun May 09, 2004 1:29 am

Lets get some commentary going on with the mock.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FF Newbie » Sun May 09, 2004 2:01 am

The draft is going about how I expected, but QBs are going a little earlier than I had thought they might. So far, I've been disappointed with my draft position. It seems each "tier" of players is finished with the pick just before mine and I have to pick first out of a new tier. I never like that. Still, I'm happy getting 3 solid running backs and 2 solid quarterbacks with my first 5 picks. Most of the teams look pretty good. The biggest difference I've noticed (other than quarterbacks going earlier--duh) is that the value of receivers definitely decreases in this format. The fact is, it's tough to take a receiver early when you need to fill 4 tough spots at the other two positions and their will be plenty of receivers leftover in the later rounds.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mig28 » Sun May 09, 2004 2:53 am

FF Newbie wrote:The draft is going about how I expected, but QBs are going a little earlier than I had thought they might. So far, I've been disappointed with my draft position. It seems each "tier" of players is finished with the pick just before mine and I have to pick first out of a new tier. I never like that. Still, I'm happy getting 3 solid running backs and 2 solid quarterbacks with my first 5 picks. Most of the teams look pretty good. The biggest difference I've noticed (other than quarterbacks going earlier--duh) is that the value of receivers definitely decreases in this format. The fact is, it's tough to take a receiver early when you need to fill 4 tough spots at the other two positions and their will be plenty of receivers leftover in the later rounds.

You make a great point about draft position and value. It's the experienced owner (such as yourself) who gets the value available to fill a lineup regardless of where he is in the order.

I like the fact that this mock is a 2QB, because it simulates what can happen in a standard draft with regard to unconventional choices, especially in the early rounds. In the various leagues I've participted in, there's always been one or two "oddball" selections in rounds 1 & 2, and it's usually a QB that goes a bit early. For instance, I'm in another MD where Vick went at 1.04; that seems to coincide with the type of reach pick I've seen in some live drafts over the years; with its 2QB, this MD has that "reach" built in.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Classifieds