Lee Evans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lee Evans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lee Evans

Postby JrcWy » Thu May 06, 2004 1:00 pm

I have neer seen this guy play a game and I know nothing about him except for his college stats. I was one of those Josh Reed owners that got burnt last year and so I know how badly Buffalo needs a second receiver. The hasnt been much talk about him in the cafe yet and I just want to know what the perception is of his role and chances of success are this year and in the future.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin' » Thu May 06, 2004 1:28 pm

i can tell you that the bills love this guy. they have pretty much already penciled him at number 2 without even giving reed a chance to hold his spot. not like he should have the chance as he f'ed that up last year but still.
they are hoping that he is ok going across the middle because it seems as if they didn't see much of that in college from him. that is just what i hear from the buffalo aspect as i don't watch any college football so i don't know what he was like at wisc.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gunslinger » Thu May 06, 2004 1:49 pm

NFLDraftScout.com wrote:#3-LEE EVANS
Wide Receiver
University of Wisconsin Badgers
5'10" - 197
Bedford, Ohio
Bedford High School

OVERVIEW
One of the finest athletes to ever wear a Wisconsin uniform, this blue chip prospect returned to the gridiron as a senior after missing the 2002 campaign due to a knee injury ... After a grueling rehabilitation, he was still favoring the leg early in the 2003 campaign, but he continued to make progress and eventually put together some "highlight reel" performances in the second half of 2003 ... Is the only player in school history to gain over 1000 yards receiving in a season, accomplishing that feat twice (2001 and '03) ... He is also the only player to catch more than sixty passes in a season (2001 and '03) in school annals ... Started 38 of 47 games for the Badgers, hauling in 175 passes for 3468 yards (19.8 avg) and 26 touchdowns, breaking the old school career-records of 131 receptions for 2103 yards by Al Toon (1982-84) and 23 scoring grabs by Tony Simmons (1994-97) ... His career average of 19.92 yards per catch ranks second in Wisconsin annals to Simmons (20.11 avg) ... Only John Standeford of Purdue (3788, 2000-03) gained more yards receiving in a career in Big Ten Conference history.

ANALYSIS
Positives: Has ideal body structure; high cut with good chest and arm definition, thick and muscular legs and a slender waist ... Outgoing and confident player with above average foot speed and movement agility ... Very quick off the line, using his hands well to push off the defender ... Runs precise patterns in the short area and has superb sideline and back-of-the-end zone awareness (does a nice job of keeping his feet inbounds) ... Has the sudden moves, acceleration and long speed to defeat coverage in the open ... Knows how to settle in the zone and face the quarterback when operating underneath ... Properly extends his hands to reach for the ball ... Maintains his focus going for the ball in traffic and has good shake and hip swerve to sell and con in his routes ... Will extend and leave the ground to haul in the high passes and is adept at catching the ball over his shoulders on long routes ... Has that extra gear needed to run away from tacklers after the catch ... Effective blocker who will stalk, cut and crack block for the running game ... Normal strider with above average balance and flexibility ... Team-oriented player who takes well to hard coaching and normally can be found in the film room studying his next opponent.

Negatives: Suffered torn ligaments in his left knee during spring drills in 2002, and until late October, 2003, he still seemed to favor his leg some (did not show that sudden burst explosion on deep routes like he did prior to the injury, but he continues to make progress with his rehab) ... Arrested for marijuana possession in 2002 while injured (did community service – no trouble since and charges were eventually dropped) ... Much like Miami's Chris Chambers, as he's an effective short area route runner, but seems to round off and take short steps while trying to get deep ... Needs to get better release moves (head fake could improve) ... Will go up for the ball in traffic, but will sometimes try to pull the ball in over the wrong shoulder (better on right outside routes than working towards the inside of the field) ... Has good speed, but his pattern running needs refinement (Wisconsin system relegates him to simple routes).

AGILITY TESTS
4.33 in the 40-yard dash ... 315-pound bench press ... 475-pound squat ... 305-pound power clean ... 37-inch vertical jump ... 32 3/8-inch arm length ... 9 1/8-inch hands ... Right-handed ... 24/30 Wonderlic score.

HIGH SCHOOL
Attended Bedford (Oh.) High, playing football for coach Jim Hodakievic ... All-Midwest Top 50 selection by Prep Football Report, Prep Star and Super Prep ... First-team All-State pick in his senior year ... Also named team MVP and captain ... Career totals include 38 catches for 984 yards (25.6 avg) and 12 touchdowns ... Averaged 28.7 yards on 20 receptions as a senior, including eight TDs (40 percent of his catches) ... Intercepted four passes and blocked three kicks as a senior ... Averaged 17.7 yards per rush his junior season ... Biggest sports thrill was making an 81-yard scoring catch in the homecoming game that year ... Finished second at the state track meet in the 300-meter hurdles ... Graduated with a 3.3 grade point average ... Three-time academic All-Conference pick.

PERSONAL
Finance major, with a minor in Computer Sciences ... Son of Annette and Lee Evans ... Born 3/11/81 ... Resides in Bedford, Ohio.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Thu May 06, 2004 1:50 pm

He's a playmaker, plain and simple. If it wasn't for his injury, he'd have been a top prospect IMO.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Thu May 06, 2004 2:49 pm

If he had entered the draft 2 years ago, he would have been a top 5 pick. The kid is sick.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pmac_03 » Thu May 06, 2004 4:11 pm

yea, #84 (eighty - fo) this man will be the answer to our drew bledsoe struggles, moulds and evans on the fly, how can you contain and if so pitch / hitch it up to willurs/dave/travis so drew better make it happen i have high hopes for this guy, he can still fly after acl sergury so i cant wait to see.
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu May 06, 2004 7:11 pm

I would definitely think about selecting Evans with a reserve WR spot (if he makes it that far). Bledsoe still has ability, but he needs time to throw the ball. The Bills have the running game to make the passing game work, but they just didn't do it last year because Moulds was hurt. Moulds/Evans could turn into a Moulds/Price from a few years ago IMO. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Thu May 06, 2004 9:14 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Moulds/Evans could turn into a Moulds/Price from a few years ago IMO. ;-D

Definately - and we may very well see Moulds make it back to greatness as Evans will take some of the pressure off his shoulders (if he stays healthy). I'd like to see that
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nomadic_stranger » Fri May 07, 2004 4:57 am

All I know is that I drafted Moulds high last year, and the incredibly horrible offense killed me all year. If he can resurrect it, god bless him, but I'm bad scared of anybody from buffalo
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=126466
Opinions ARENT like A-holes... I only have ONE A-hole
nomadic_stranger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Yianni2112 » Fri May 07, 2004 10:13 pm

Evans has been very impressive in mini camp. He was fast and made some nice catches and conected on a long one from J.P Losman giving us a look at the Bills future. He also made a spectacular touchdown catch a bobbled one hander. The Bills love him and they will use his speed to free up Moulds. If the Offensive line can learn to pick up the Blitz this offence will be one of the better ones in the league with a healthy Henry and McGahee and speedster Evans a perfect compliment to Moulds.
The BIGGEST difference will be a new coaching staff that will work around their staff and not force them to play a system that does not suite them like those jack asses did last year. Look for the Bills to run the ball alot more this year.
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk