Toomer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Toomer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Toomer

Postby Lushcrush » Fri May 07, 2004 7:37 am

What happens to Armani Toomer this year with the QB shakeup in NY? Last year he hauled in over a thousand with 5 tds. What will he do this year?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aussieboy » Fri May 07, 2004 7:48 am

Sure there's some rookie throwing him the ball now, but i think 800-900 yard + 5 TD is not too much to ask.

P.S-what's with all the Teletubby love on the cafe these days?
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby slowkidz » Fri May 07, 2004 8:01 am

until NYG can sign a veteran QB to come in and either start or help Eli, I'm staying away from their WRs and Tiki. Toomer had a good year, but i see his stats dropping more due to the QB change and the NFL learning curve.

if they do sign Warner, then maybe Toomer and Co are worth looking at, but if it's Eli behind center...umm...no thanks. :-t
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri May 07, 2004 8:15 am

Slowkidz wrote:until NYG can sign a veteran QB to come in and either start or help Eli, I'm staying away from their WRs and Tiki. Toomer had a good year, but i see his stats dropping more due to the QB change and the NFL learning curve.

if they do sign Warner, then maybe Toomer and Co are worth looking at, but if it's Eli behind center...umm...no thanks. :-t

I agree with Slow; that offense still needs line help, and even with Manning there are going to be tons of picks and sacks in Giant-land.

Toomer was a big-time disappointment for me last year. He's one of those guys who busts out once or twice a month for 150 yds and 3 TD's, then goes 3 catches/40 yards the rest of the time. Those final numbers aren't consistent with his week to week production. He is talented, but I bet he does exactly the same thing or less this year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mig28 » Fri May 07, 2004 8:22 am

New coach + new QB + new offensive scheme= FF poison.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Fri May 07, 2004 8:56 am

mig28 wrote:New coach + new QB + new offensive scheme= FF poison.

Should we downgrade Shockey and Barber (even more) if this offense seems like it is going to be that bad. I think more importantly, does Shockey fall out of the top 2 for TE? Is Heap now No. 2?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby awwchrist » Fri May 07, 2004 9:28 am

Heap should be 2 regardless...but that's my rankings. lol
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mig28 » Fri May 07, 2004 9:29 am

Azrael wrote:
mig28 wrote:New coach + new QB + new offensive scheme= FF poison.

Should we downgrade Shockey and Barber (even more) if this offense seems like it is going to be that bad. I think more importantly, does Shockey fall out of the top 2 for TE? Is Heap now No. 2?

That's a tough one, Az. I know an awful lot of people like Shockey, but I'm not one of them. His 1st year ydg. was stellar, but I really wanted to see him develop into a red zone threat, too. 2 TDs a year is paltry for the second best TE, and now we've got the shake up I mentioned. The real problem is that most FFLs require a TE in the lineup, yet a good number of offenses in the NFL don't use the position in a way that benefits us (how dare they!).
Bottom line, if you don't have Gonzo, you might as well take your chances w/ Heap. I personally like McMichael this year, along w/ Alge.
Barber is not on my draft board. Period.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby smackthefirst » Fri May 07, 2004 11:49 am

I have a question along these same lines. I think Toomers/Hilliards numbers will go down due to Manning and the weak line. However, I find myself seeing Shockey's numbers possibly going up. I just have that feeling that Manning will be forced to check off early/dump balls and think Shockey will be the benefactor of this.

Thats just my 2 cents.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri May 07, 2004 11:52 am

smackthefirst wrote:I have a question along these same lines. I think Toomers/Hilliards numbers will go down due to Manning and the weak line. However, I find myself seeing Shockey's numbers possibly going up. I just have that feeling that Manning will be forced to check off early/dump balls and think Shockey will be the benefactor of this.

Thats just my 2 cents.

I was thinking along these same lines.

Its interesting that Manning2 didnt want to go to SD because of their weak Oline, but gladly jumps at going to NY - a team with quite possibly the worst Oline in football. :-?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk