Need an ON-Line FFL service\site suggestion... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Need an ON-Line FFL service\site suggestion...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need an ON-Line FFL service\site suggestion...

Postby CellarDweller » Fri May 07, 2004 8:46 am

Our leage has been a pen & paper group for years, last year we posted stats on line. But all the stats were still gathered by hand by our Commish. This year we want to purchase a service or use a site that hosts leagues. We know that most sites allow for you to customize settings, a very important feature. But the biggest hurdle for us will be the draft. We do NOT want to draft on-line. It is/has been our tradition to gather together drink beer, and make fun of everyone's selections. Its a great time, and helps set the tone for the season. So my question is:

Is there a site/service that allows on off-line draft, then will allow a commish to plug in rosters?

Thanks.
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mig28 » Fri May 07, 2004 11:38 am

I had the same circumstance a month ago, CD, and posted essentially the same question.
Fanball.com was one of the responses I got, and ultimately what I went with. Everything, including roster, can be programmed by the commish. Additionally, it's got real-time scoring, message boards, and live chat. Fanball offers a free trial for the service, and the cost is quite reasonable if you decide to stay with them. My owners seem very pleased so far.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

I'll check into it

Postby CellarDweller » Fri May 07, 2004 1:10 pm

Thanks, I'll check into FANBALL.COM today.
Is the cost reasonable, for what you get?
Thanks,
-CD-
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SeaWolf » Fri May 07, 2004 2:01 pm

I like http://www.myfantasyleague.com and also a coworker uses http://www.rtsports.com

CBS Sportsline is fine except it's expensive.

Good luck
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Fri May 07, 2004 2:12 pm

Fanball is very cheap...about $60 bucks...much cheaper than cbs sportsline...I've used both...cbs is a little more robust, but not really worth the extra money. 8-o

Friendliness: %

Postby Toro » Tue May 18, 2004 1:42 pm

We use the http://www.MyFantasyleague.com and have been very happy. I have started to set up some of my 2004 leagues if you want to see a sample.

http://www.MyNFFL.com I also offer to run leagues for people and negotiate offline. mailto:webmaster@MyNFFL.com
Toro
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed May 19, 2004 3:37 pm

Why not just use Yahoo? You can plug in rosters with it, it's free, and it's probably one of the most popular sites for fantasy all around.
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bottled Aggression » Wed May 19, 2004 9:21 pm

We have used RTSports.com for a few years. It is fairly inexpensive and keeps stats/standings, etc. from previous years.

It has news, top players lists by position or all players together, with weekly stats for everyone. It also has a pretty good variety for differnet scoring.

I would recommend it. I think they may have a trial... check it out.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Service

Postby bigdog86 » Thu May 20, 2004 2:36 am

I agree, www.[url]myfantasyleagues.com[/url] is the best place I have used. CBS stinks as far as Drafting and searching for players during the draft. Just my opinion and what we ( http://www.fantasysportsguys.com) use for all leagues. ;-D
bigdog86
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nebbie2004 » Mon May 31, 2004 12:42 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:Why not just use Yahoo? You can plug in rosters with it, it's free, and it's probably one of the most popular sites for fantasy all around.

I have to totally agree.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Classifieds