Return to Football Talk

Shannon Sharpe projections

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Fri May 07, 2004 1:28 pm

1. Tony Gonzalez
2. Shannon Sharpe
3. Jeremy Shockey
4. Todd Heap

Jake Plummer seemed to look Sharpe's way often enough last year for me - I can't see that changing much next year. Rod Smith isn't getting any younger, Ashley Lelie was inconsistant last year (although showed some flashes, methinks), and there won't be stud RB in the backfield next season to help Plummer out.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri May 07, 2004 1:42 pm

youd think there wont be a stud RB, but I think different. Watch Tatum Bell this season, for those who get him in the late rounds I think you will be pleasantly suprised.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Fri May 07, 2004 2:02 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:youd think there wont be a stud RB, but I think different. Watch Tatum Bell this season, for those who get him in the late rounds I think you will be pleasantly suprised.

Advanced apology for going off-topic, aussie... :-o

I think that while talented, Tatum Bell will likely be warming the bench for someone else. Whether it's Garrison Hearst, Mike Anderson, or Quentin Griffin, I just don't think it's his year. Hearst has made me eat crow many-a-times, and I don't plan on casting him aside this time. He is still a good player and I won't believe otherwise until Hearst actually comes out and says so.

However, there is still a chance (however small I think that chance is) that he will win the starting job. If that's the case, Tatum Bell definitely moves into my top twenty RB rankings.

If Tatum Bell becomes Clinton Portis Redux next season, you can bring back this post and procede to point and laugh at how wrong Canacuna was. ...I will happily take my hits, as I will have quickly picked up Tatum in all of my leagues if he turns out to impress Shanahan as much as some think he will.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Azrael » Fri May 07, 2004 2:28 pm

Canacuna wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:youd think there wont be a stud RB, but I think different. Watch Tatum Bell this season, for those who get him in the late rounds I think you will be pleasantly suprised.

Advanced apology for going off-topic, aussie... :-o

I think that while talented, Tatum Bell will likely be warming the bench for someone else. Whether it's Garrison Hearst, Mike Anderson, or Quentin Griffin, I just don't think it's his year. Hearst has made me eat crow many-a-times, and I don't plan on casting him aside this time. He is still a good player and I won't believe otherwise until Hearst actually comes out and says so.

However, there is still a chance (however small I think that chance is) that he will win the starting job. If that's the case, Tatum Bell definitely moves into my top twenty RB rankings.

If Tatum Bell becomes Clinton Portis Redux next season, you can bring back this post and procede to point and laugh at how wrong Canacuna was. ...I will happily take my hits, as I will have quickly picked up Tatum in all of my leagues if he turns out to impress Shanahan as much as some think he will.

Both Anderson and Portis were rookies when they piled up their stats. I don't see any reason why Bell won't get the lion share of the carries if he can prove himself to be the best option. Don't fool yourself, Shanahan will play one guy if that guy proves he's the best guy to have on the field. This should be determined by the time the regular season starts.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby NittanyLions » Fri May 07, 2004 2:30 pm

1. Gonzo-hell hes gonzo
2. Sharpe-this year he should be #2 again, in keepers i like shockey here
3. Shockey-young, showed me a lot last year-should do good without injury-bad point could be QB
4. Heap-Now not the only receiver, may help him some, i still like his production and ability
5. Winslow-impressive rook
6. crumpler-vick vick vick
7. McMike
then blah blah
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Fri May 07, 2004 5:10 pm

Sharpe's receptions and yards will all be top 5 quality. It's his TDs, which seperate great fantasy TEs from good ones, that concern me. His eight TDs last season were an abberation compared to his stats the last five seasons or so. They don't have many options (if any) at the goal line right now. That may hurt him, it may help him. Last year all the extra weapons helped him.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Fri May 07, 2004 8:11 pm

Taking any TE early (barring Tony G) is a recipe for disaster.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Fri May 07, 2004 9:04 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Taking any TE early (barring Tony G) is a recipe for disaster.

Tru dat, y0.

...or something.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri May 07, 2004 9:33 pm

We are doing that mock draft thingy; I took Sharpe in round 5...so I'm sure I goofed there. But, getting one point per reception makes him a lot more valuable!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Fri May 07, 2004 9:40 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:We are doing that mock draft thingy; I took Sharpe in round 5...so I'm sure I goofed there. But, getting one point per reception makes him a lot more valuable!

Your team is shaping up nicely, y0.

In the mocks I've participated in, he's been taken as early as the fourth round (a few picks after Tony G. was selected in that case) and as late as a mid sixth rounder.
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Football Talk