Madden Cover Boy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Madden Cover Boy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden Cover Boy

Postby smackthefirst » Fri May 07, 2004 12:10 pm

Ravens | R. Lewis Featured on Madden NFL 2005 - from http://www.KFFL.com
Fri, 7 May 2004 07:34:42 -0700

Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis has been selected to be the EA SPORTS cover athlete and spokesman for Madden NFL 2005. "I have always enjoyed working with EA SPORTS, but to be on the cover of Madden NFL 2005 is the ultimate honor," said Lewis. Lewis' image will appear on all Madden NFL 2005 packaging and merchandising.
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri May 07, 2004 12:14 pm

Well thats it. He is gonna blow out his knee first game of the preseason. Destined to happen. :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fntsyrookie » Fri May 07, 2004 1:31 pm

If something happens to him then there is definitely without a doubt in my mind some sort of curse.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri May 07, 2004 2:07 pm

He's my IDP Keeper...NOOOOO!!! :-o
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Fri May 07, 2004 2:14 pm

Good jinx him. He deserves to be behind. That over-cockey jerk :-#
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Fri May 07, 2004 2:15 pm

Maybe everyone will actually buy into the Madden curse and Canacuna can finally land a good DEF in the later rounds, instead of settling on the crappers all the time. :-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Azrael » Fri May 07, 2004 2:24 pm

Hey what everyone doesn't know is that the Madden curse is only for offense, not defense. In fact, by the booze guzzling powers of ex-cohost Pat Summerall, Ray Lewis and the Ravens D will outperform anything they've done this far.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Poobah » Fri May 07, 2004 2:32 pm

gee, and I just took Baltimore's D in Plindsey keeper league, wonderful.... sheesh!!!
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri May 07, 2004 3:12 pm

Azrael wrote:Hey what everyone doesn't know is that the Madden curse is only for offense, not defense. In fact, by the booze guzzling powers of ex-cohost Pat Summerall, Ray Lewis and the Ravens D will outperform anything they've done this far.

This is really interesting since there hasent been a D coverboy yet. I wonder if the jinx will be broken.

Personally, I will have to lower BAL D rankings just a bit. Before they were the standout #1, but now there are signs they may not be the top choice #1 D I thought. A couple reasons:

The apparant desire to open up there offense will have a pretty big impact on their D stats, IMO. If you remember correctly, the great D teams they have had in the past went hand in hand with an almost 100% ground game on offense. If they are trying to open up and go through the air, this will have an effect on their D.

Combine this with the almost unstoppable Madden Curse, and I would rather go with NE a round later if I choose to go D fairly early in my drafts.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Football Newbie » Fri May 07, 2004 3:20 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Azrael wrote:Hey what everyone doesn't know is that the Madden curse is only for offense, not defense. In fact, by the booze guzzling powers of ex-cohost Pat Summerall, Ray Lewis and the Ravens D will outperform anything they've done this far.

This is really interesting since there hasent been a D coverboy yet. I wonder if the jinx will be broken.

Personally, I will have to lower BAL D rankings just a bit. Before they were the standout #1, but now there are signs they may not be the top choice #1 D I thought. A couple reasons:

The apparant desire to open up there offense will have a pretty big impact on their D stats, IMO. If you remember correctly, the great D teams they have had in the past went hand in hand with an almost 100% ground game on offense. If they are trying to open up and go through the air, this will have an effect on their D.

Combine this with the almost unstoppable Madden Curse, and I would rather go with NE a round later if I choose to go D fairly early in my drafts.

i dont see how NE is not the clear number 1...
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk