Denver RBs. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Denver RBs.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guest » Sat May 08, 2004 3:50 pm

now that alex gibbs is gone the broncos cant just throw in any rb and have him rush for 1500 yards. the broncos' runninb back, whoever he is, will not have a good year.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat May 08, 2004 5:37 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Shanahan has said he would consider a running back by committee this season, but would like to see one back emerge as the Broncos' go-to guy.

"If you have one guy that you call your 'stud buffalo,' that you say is your guy, and he wants the rock in his hand, wants to carry it 35 or 40 times a game, then obviously we could go in that direction," Shanahan said after trading Portis to Washington.

I hope so for fantasy's sake as well. Given the system and the line that is still intact, whoever it is would have to be a mid-late 2nd round choice and a solid #2 RB. ;-D

Your telling me you would spend a mid to late 2nd round pick on Tatum Bell, Garrison Hearst, or Mike Anderson? You could get a much better player with that pick and get one of these guys later.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat May 08, 2004 7:47 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Your telling me you would spend a mid to late 2nd round pick on Tatum Bell, Garrison Hearst, or Mike Anderson? You could get a much better player with that pick and get one of these guys later.

Don't forget Griffin,he has run with the 1st team so far.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat May 08, 2004 9:20 pm

oops forgot about him, but I think hes 4th in that list of RBs, so hes pretty easy to forget :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat May 08, 2004 9:23 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:oops forgot about him, but I think hes 4th in that list of RBs, so hes pretty easy to forget :-D

Uh,like I said,he's running with the 1st team...so far.Not 4th on the list.

Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News - In the team's first practice, Quentin Griffin was the one slipping into the Portis vacancy with the first-team offense. His standing as the second-team HB to close out 2003 temporarily bumps him up a notch to starter. "He is, on paper," Mike Shanahan said. "Is it very close? Sure. It's going to be very competitive. But we won't know for sure until the first game."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VHawk15 » Sat May 08, 2004 10:03 pm

Also, Tatum struggled to keep his breath in Friday's minicamp. This is also from the Rocky Mountain News:

"I thought I was in shape. I come up here, and it kind of was a shocker to me," Bell admitted. Welcome to Dove Valley, rookie. Keep in mind that it is extremely early and there are a lot of practices to be held before the Broncos declare a starter.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon May 10, 2004 9:51 am

You guys would be wise to not underestimate Garrison Hearst. He doesn't have that many miles on his body and has always battled hard to be the feature back.

A lot of guys bust on Barlow for not being able to beat out Garrison but you have to give Garrison his due for holding off Barlow. Garrison is solid at all aspects of the game, he blocks, catches and runs well, he is just a smart player and the coaches will want a guy in there that can handle all of the blitz pickups and everything.

Why is Tatum gasping for air? A lot of those players are new to Denver and were not hurting as bad. Garrison has been playing at sea level for years in San Fran and he was fine.

Anyways, watch out of Hearst, he won't go down quietly.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk