Rattay tears groin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rattay tears groin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sat May 08, 2004 9:42 am

Collins would have been a good fit even if Rattay hadn't torn his groin. This just busts the door wide-open for Kerry Collins in San Fran.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sat May 08, 2004 9:42 am

Forgot about Slash, but im guessing Collins would be their choice.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Flux » Sat May 08, 2004 10:06 am

Hell, if i were Collins, i wouldn't want to go there. San Fran is a death trap for QBs at this point IMO
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat May 08, 2004 10:26 am

Bad luck 9er fans. But it could turn into a opportunity for Collins or Couch. Is the 9ers' O-line going to give a QB more time to pass this year? It seemed the few times I got to watch them, Garcia was scrambling aroung trying to save his asthe. Collins, Couch, or Warner aren't going to be able to help if they are pressured a lot. They all have folded under the pressure recently.
I see Woods and Barlow's production going down. Erickson has bad Karma.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby NittanyLions » Sat May 08, 2004 4:45 pm

Clayton was just on ESPN news and he said the 9ers could either get warner or collins, but with their 3 mil cap room, they may have to attack jeff blake too.

Oh, and Rattay is having surgery tuesday...he will be out for 3-4 months.

Dorsey is now #1! :-o
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat May 08, 2004 8:02 pm

here's your chance kenny...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Sat May 08, 2004 10:40 pm

i will be happy if we score 40+ pts...for the season

whats the chance of getting Couch? and how much $$$ does he want?
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Sat May 08, 2004 11:34 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Clayton was just on ESPN news and he said the 9ers could either get warner or collins, but with their 3 mil cap room, they may have to attack jeff blake too.

Just to confirm it

Rattay to Undergo Surgery; Out Up to 4 Months --
Sat May 8, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

AP reports San Francisco 49ers QB Tim Rattay will have surgery to repair a torn muscle in his groin and is expected to miss up to four months. Rattay was injured Friday while attempting a pass during the opening session of the team's first spring mini-camp. "The muscle came off the bone and they're going to go in and attach it in the groin," 49ers HC Dennis Erickson said Saturday. "It's a temporary setback. It's not a season-ending injury by any means. He'll be here for training camp. Tim Rattay should be our starter when we play our first game." Team doctors will operate on Rattay on Tuesday.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Sat May 08, 2004 11:37 pm

I find it odd that they will still make him the starter for game one, even though he wont be there for really any of training camp... Especially when there are brand new WRs and a new starting everything it seems.

I have a feeling 49er fans are in for a VERY long season
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat May 08, 2004 11:41 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Clayton was just on ESPN news and he said the 9ers could either get warner or collins, but with their 3 mil cap room, they may have to attack jeff blake too.

They just said he would probably be back in time to start the season - a 3-4 month timetable would allow this to happen. Thank goodness. Well, if nothing else it should help Dorsey because he'll be getting in good practice with the first team.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk