Who will win the job at Minnesota? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will win the job at Minnesota?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who will win the job at Minnesota?

Postby aussieboy » Sat May 08, 2004 5:54 am

I don't know if i can stand another yr of Mike Tice's games regarding which RB will carry the load. Will it be Smith, Williams or Bennett? I've heard stories that the Vikings are looking to trade Bennett, but i don't know how much truth this rumour holds. Will it be RBBC again?
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Sat May 08, 2004 7:15 am

If anyone wins the starting job fully, it will be Bennett. I think hes the most talented of the 3
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Homeless » Sat May 08, 2004 9:09 am

Should be Bennett, with Moe snagging goal line duties again. Avoid it if you can.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby steelyeri » Sat May 08, 2004 9:13 am

Shatner8 wrote:If anyone wins the starting job fully, it will be Bennett. I think hes the most talented of the 3

Well, bennet is the fastest of the three. I don't think he's the most talented running back. He also is by far the smallest, which makes him the fastest to go down. Personally, I like Smith's running style the most. I also believe he has the most potential long term.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Sat May 08, 2004 9:43 am

I would take Bennett over Smith and Williams, but if he is the feature back, Moe Williams will vulture the goalline carries.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sat May 08, 2004 10:08 am

Just like most everyone else (besides Go Vikes), I'm also going to say Michael Bennett.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Sat May 08, 2004 11:55 am

I think Bennett is the smart choice for them, and I hope its not another RBBC :-[
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Sat May 08, 2004 3:17 pm

IT WILL BE BENNETT.....its bennett's job 2 yrs ago he wa a pro bowler and he is felling better then ever know so except 1300+ yrds from Bennett with around 7 TD because MOe still will get goaline carries
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat May 08, 2004 10:51 pm

This one really isn't too hard to predict. Look at how it was two years ago, prior to the treadmill incident. Bennett was easily the featured back, got almost 1300 yards and 5 TDs. I would expect numbers very similar to those next year. Moe and Onterrio will come in as third down and short-yardage guys. I don't think Bennett's numbers will be too far down from those two years ago even with the arival of Smith just because two years ago we had a terrible year. Daunte was having serious TO problems and so we were often behind in games. I expect to be very good next year so he should have plenty an opportunity to run.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mig28 » Sun May 09, 2004 3:18 am

I think Moe is the safest pick of the three. He's a good goal line back, and has produced TDs (2002) and decent yardage (2003).
I'm not saying he'll be the feature in MIN, as Bennett is very talented; I just like Moe as a better value in the late rounds, as opposed to taking a bit of a chance on Bennett early.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk